Kittery Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

For the 1st time, I just heard Kittery--155.115-192.8, put out a tone for American Ambulance. To my knowledge, A.M.R has been the primary Ambulance. I heard they were supposed to be doing some changes, but not a tone for A.A... Is A.M.R history--or do they need 2 companies to cover that area?

KB1VLA

AAS is the new EMS provider for Kittery and Eliot, they are operating out of the old AMR building in Kittery.Not sure Iif they have the contract for Newcastle, NH. The AMR ambulances for Newcastle operated from Kittery. Also not sure what will become of the AMR 155.2275 D411 repeater.

mainetrunk

I heard, unless AMR goes under, they will continue to cover the area, they --attempted-- to go NEXTEL, but they went back to 155.2275.

NickH

American has the 911 contracts for Kittery, Eliot and Somersworth. They are dispatched by the communities respective 911 dispatch centers. They also have a dispatch center in Somersworth that operates on a commercial UHF MotoTRBO system.

AMR is still the contracted service for Berwick.

Newcastle has been contracted with Portsmouth Fire for ambulance service for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.