Status
Not open for further replies.

jwelsh793

Does anyone know what Portland has switched too? A few months ago I programmed their trunked system using this site and it worked perfectly. Now there is no traffic. Wondering if someone may have new frequencies or more information on what Portland has done

ecps92

a.) Double Check your Control Channels - make sure they are ALL enabled
b.) Put the CC in as a Conventional channel - can you hear it ? If not the issue is your antenna, cable or scanner

Does anyone know what Portland has switched too? A few months ago I programmed their trunked system using this site and it worked perfectly. Now there is no traffic. Wondering if someone may have new frequencies or more information on what Portland has done

mainetrunk

From the right elavation, you probably can. All I have to do is walk 500 feet, and I can get them. I'm down by the South Berwick tower. Find a high spot, tune in on them, and make a mental note as to how high you were. Then, try an 800 mhz antenna and go up on the roof. If you got signals, then you gotta get a rooftop antenna. Without rooftop antenna's, I wouldn't be able to get 1/2 of what I receive now.. BEST of luck

ecps92

Incorrect.

http://me-portland.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/468?fileID=2449

Portland has been working on a plan to upgrade from the Legacy Analog (many of the components are already EOL - aka End of Life) to a P25 System

I'm sure a few of our Regular Portland monitors will chime in. I don't recall seeing an RFP as yet, so the time-frames in the above document may not even be close. All depends on $$$

It's a shame the OP has never returned to let us know what his original issue was

NO there not

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
I heard a rumor Portland was thinking of going with what Augusta PD has or what the state is switching too.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect.

http://me-portland.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/468?fileID=2449

Portland has been working on a plan to upgrade from the Legacy Analog (many of the components are already EOL - aka End of Life) to a P25 System

I'm sure a few of our Regular Portland monitors will chime in. I don't recall seeing an RFP as yet, so the time-frames in the above document may not even be close. All depends on $$$

It's a shame the OP has never returned to let us know what his original issue was

So what is the 800 system there using??? I thought that was fairly new!

mainetrunk

Yes,JWELSH, they ARE still analog, CC--853.2875.I just got back from a hill doing a CC search. Anything can happen in the future, but for now--they are 800's and analog, for now..

ecps92

Guess you didn't even try to read the document :(

In 1999, the City of Portland began use of its citywide 800 MHz Motorola SmartNet Trunked Simulcast system. The system integrated radio communications for all city departments onto a single technology platform. Since that time some upgrades and modifications to the system have taken place in an effort to meet the communications needs of Portland’s First Responders. The City of South Portland is also a system
participant using the 800 MHz communications infrastructure for their public safety communications.

The time has now arrived to begin planning for the end-of-life cycle for a number of the system components, software and subscriber units that are no longer supported by the manufacturer.

So what is the 800 system there using??? I thought that was fairly new!

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Guess you didn't even try to read the document :(

In 1999, the City of Portland began use of its citywide 800 MHz Motorola SmartNet Trunked Simulcast system. The system integrated radio communications for all city departments onto a single technology platform. Since that time some upgrades and modifications to the system have taken place in an effort to meet the communications needs of Portland’s First Responders. The City of South Portland is also a system
participant using the 800 MHz communications infrastructure for their public safety communications.

The time has now arrived to begin planning for the end-of-life cycle for a number of the system components, software and subscriber units that are no longer supported by the manufacturer.

no sorry I haven't had time. I just thought that 800 system wasn't that old. But I will be sure to read the document Bill. Thanks for posting it

jwelsh793

thank you

I'm not sure why but it couldn't find the control channels. They were unlocked. I deleted all channels and then programmed them back in and it's working fine now. I was worried it was changed. After reading the article and everyone's comments I suppose I'll have to upgrade to digital Since the state and everyone else is changing. like everyone is thinking I just hope encrypted isnt going to be widely used but I'm sure it will. Thank you all so much

Status
Not open for further replies.