NH on yc

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia11

On my scanner I keep getting traffic, that mention Loudon rd stops, plus some of the traffic seems unfamiliar to York county, how ever the dispatch is York County sheirff.

Does anyone else get this traffic? My scanner does not give the frequency but does say ycs.

I checked the database and Loudon and Concord are out of Merrimack county NH.

Last edited:

paranoia11

for some reason it won't let me back into my post, so sorry for the double post , but I just heard again on ycs again, this time it was talking about a vehicle heading down Fort Eddy Road, witch is definitely in Concord N.H. What gives ? Is this my scanner or a database issue ?
If someone has any info on this matter I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.

paranoia11

OR running No Tone ??

I just load the departments on to my favorites list right from the database then write to my scanner, what ever freq. is listed for that town or county that I want I add to my favorites list, and that's what scans .

I do not set up my scanner any certain way for tones, I just do it as simple as possible with favorites list.

PS: Thank you guys for your import.

Last edited:

ecps92

If you can tell use what FREQ and Tone you have under that label of YCS
that will help more than just an Alpha Tag

I just load the departments on to my favorites list right from the database then write to my scanner, what ever freq. is listed for that town or county that I want I add to my favorites list, and that's what scans .

I do not set up my scanner any certain way for tones, I just do it as simple as possible with favorites list.

PS: Thank you guys for your import.

paranoia11

If you can tell use what FREQ and Tone you have under that label of YCS
that will help more than just an Alpha Tag
It says sheriff operations in my sentinel list 155.625000, and 160.455000 are the only 2 that just use that description only, as far as the tone goes in my sentinel list under those freg. says alert tone is off.
That is the only thing it says about tones.
But since my scanner only shows the alpha tags and not the freg , that's all I know.

I wish there was a way to get my scanner to show the freg when it stops on a dept.

thank you again for all your help.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
York Cty and Concord Nh have the same freq but different tones. You can pick up New Hampshire from Maine. In fact I just picked up the NHSP on a ME SP channel with the tone removed.

paranoia11

York Cty and Concord Nh have the same freq but different tones. You can pick up New Hampshire from Maine. In fact I just picked up the NHSP on a ME SP channel with the tone removed.

How do I regulate the tones on my B/C 536 I have no idea how to use or set or not set the tones.

Plus is there a way to make the freg. appear on a scanner of my type ?

PS thank all of you guys for the kind help.

ecps92

Thanks, see the other replies for the answer

The use of Duplicate Alpha Tags, just brings to light the need to have Unique Alpha Tags, to allow for research into what is occuring

It says sheriff operations in my sentinel list 155.625000, and 160.455000 are the only 2 that just use that description only, as far as the tone goes in my sentinel list under those freg. says alert tone is off.
That is the only thing it says about tones.
But since my scanner only shows the alpha tags and not the freg , that's all I know.

I wish there was a way to get my scanner to show the freg when it stops on a dept.

thank you again for all your help.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I fixed the descriptions to show the town or county name in them so there won't be a issue later down the road. :)

ecps92

Ahhh

Thanks and I see the issue.

Maine has no PL listed.
Cumberland County Fire Departments - Scan New England Wiki
Cumberland County Sheriff Department - Scan New England Wiki

PL is/was (2010) 107.2 Not in RR DB and is now listed twice.
I would move the Call sign to the Fire/EMS and Add delete the CUMB SHRF R
to eliminate the confuzzlement

155.62500 KXA534 RM Cumb Shrf R Cumberland County Sheriff FM Law Talk
155.62500 RM 107.2 PL Cumb FireEMS Fire/EMS Services FM Fire Dispatch

I fixed the descriptions to show the town or county name in them so there won't be a issue later down the road. :)

paranoia11

Well, 155.625 (Concord PD primary) is not used by YCSO at all. Just lock it out or delete it. YCSO dispatch is 154.995/192.8.

according to my sentinel database 155.625000 is listed as YCS Operations, one of them.

Last edited:

paranoia11

It seems somehow one of your description tags got mixed up. There is no 155.6250 NAC 117 in the state of Maine. However in New Hampshire it is the City of Concord Police Dispatch Channel.
so do I change it or leave it, Now that I know what it is it doesn't matter to me.

I was just curious how his says one thing and mine has several other ones.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
so do I change it or leave it, Now that I know what it is it doesn't matter to me.

I was just curious how his says one thing and mine has several other ones.

I got my info directly from the database not my favorites list.

Status
Not open for further replies.