Portland P25 Activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to Portland PS on my BCD536HP. I hear lots of activity on the Motorola system but nothing on the P25 system.

Data downloaded using Sentinel provides info for police dispatch, electrical, and school buses on the Portland P25 system.

Is there currently any activity that I should be hearing in the North Deering section of Portland or is the P25 system not yet operational?

Thanks

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecps92

If I recall, the PD/FD have not moved to the P25 yet, still on the Analog
Hopefully someone more local who does regularly listen to Portland can back up my info
I am listening to Portland PS on my BCD536HP. I hear lots of activity on the Motorola system but nothing on the P25 system.

Data downloaded using Sentinel provides info for police dispatch, electrical, and school buses on the Portland P25 system.

Is there currently any activity that I should be hearing in the North Deering section of Portland or is the P25 system not yet operational?

Thanks

Glenn

Backdraft310

Feed Provider
Portland P25 Activity

If I recall, the PD/FD have not moved to the P25 yet, still on the Analog
Hopefully someone more local who does regularly listen to Portland can back up my info

that is correct still analog system.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
that is correct still analog system.

Thanks guys -I will standby awaiting conversion of PD/FD. Should I expect to be hearing any activity on the school buses and electric talkgroups that are defined in Sentinel?

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
TG 1273 is the school buses, it is fairly active in the afternoon. You can hear the Public Works TG's most of the day. The TG's I've heard in the last few days are 1105,1107,1121,1125,1131, and 1157.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for confirming the active talkgroups.

I will check to see why I am not hearing them (location, service type, etc).

suidroot

Premium Subscriber
It looks like as of at least today Portland PD has switched to the new P25 system. Many radio check calls on the new system.

rpurinton

you are right. Portland PD switched operations to P25 today. Unfortunately I am in Michigan right now and I can't update the scanner that runs the PPD broadcastify/zello. Will be back in town on Friday. Then I need to figure out how to do it with my Whistler WS1040 Handheld, or buy a new one.

Last edited:

suidroot

Premium Subscriber
A few unlisted groups have shown up for me
1145 - Parking?
1131 - talked about 'doing another room'

rpurinton

Yes I was also confused by this. The page says system type phase I but in the Misc section it says Phase II.

I am able to recieve atleast some audio with my Whistler 1040 set to P25 Auto mode. I'm just having a hard time keeping the control channel connected. Scanner was in the same physical location as it was when it was on the last system, which every transmission was crystal clear... Now the "T" and "S" indicators are blinking wildly and the audio cuts in and out. I upgraded my antenna and it's still doing the same thing.

I'm now going to take this scanner mobile in the car and see if I can get a solid signal.

IMHO the new system sounds like crap. Old system sounded so much better!

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good here in Westbrook, but I'm only about a mile from one of the towers

Status
Not open for further replies.