RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Making Contacts / On the Air

Making Contacts / On the Air - Have a question about getting on the air or how to make a contact? Just want to brag about your latest DX contact or contest score? This is the forum for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 1:57 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Kd8niv congrats on AK
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2017, 1:34 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Good luck getting them -- it is a bit difficult but not impossible even with my 100w + dipole @ 20 feet!

Good to know!!!! I run 100 watts as well but I have a vertical antenna.
Uniden 536 HP Kenwood TS-2000 Comet 250-B Diamond D3000N
Old 06-04-2017, 10:03 PM

HB0WR, FG/DL2AZZ on Thursday and OZ1RDP on Friday all on 40m SSB and all new bands for that entity. HB0 is pretty rare, so I was glad to get them. I only had them on 17m before.... DL0IL/P had a booming signal on 17m. He was the only station I was hearing out of Europe at the time on 17 and he was a portable!

I worked some other stuff too, but those were the highlights this week.

I am off the air on 20m right now which cuts down on my number of QSOs :-(

73 de KM4SII - Mason
Old 06-08-2017, 6:22 PM

My post from another website yesterday.....

****6m was great this evening -- wish I had gotten back on earlier! I have only been on the band for a week or two. Like I mentioned earlier, I just have an HF dipole up 20 ft. that I use on 6m with 100w. I currently am SSB only, but hopefully CW soon....

I got on at about 7:30 PM local time and heard an EI on CW (first DX heard) followed by working two VE stations (first "DX" worked) followed by several station in the Northeast followed by a station in Montana (First multi-hop Es worked)!

After that, I decided to call CQ, not expecting much, and quickly generated a large pile-up of stations both to the north and west! I worked the pile-up until about 8:10 PM local time and then went QRT for a quick supper. 20 minutes later at 8:30 PM local I started up again and continued to work a pileup to the far Northeast until about 9:15 PM local when the band totally died.

I ended up working about 50 stations on SSB, most of which were worked while running. That was a TON of fun! I can't wait for the VHF contest this weekend!****

73 de KM4SII
Old 06-08-2017, 6:24 PM

Just worked LX/DD5ZZ on 17m SSB who was operating from LX7I. That was a new band for LX as the only other LX station I had worked was LX9DX on 20m SSB last November.

73 de KM4SII
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2017, 10:36 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just had a nice chat with Art Bell, W6OBB on 6 meters!

Those of you who are coast to coast AM fans probably know who he is.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:47 AM

CO3VR on 6m SSB - my first "real" DX on 6m since getting on 6m a few weeks ago. I have Canada on six, but that doesn't really count.... CO3VR was the ONLY signal on the band at the time!

Also had a ton of fun and worked over 100 stations in the VHF contest on 6m SSB with only about four hours of propagation here in NC (maybe an hour on Saturday -- the rest on Sunday). I was just running SSB only -- 100w and a HF dipole that apperently works on 6m :-)

My more detailed contest report is on QRZ and eHam....

73 de KM4SII
Old 06-16-2017, 9:29 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcomIcR20 View Post
CO3VR on 6m SSB - my first "real" DX on 6m since getting on 6m a few weeks ago. I have Canada on six, but that doesn't really count.... CO3VR was the ONLY signal on the band at the time!

Also had a ton of fun and worked over 100 stations in the VHF contest on 6m SSB with only about four hours of propagation here in NC (maybe an hour on Saturday -- the rest on Sunday). I was just running SSB only -- 100w and a HF dipole that apperently works on 6m :-)

My more detailed contest report is on QRZ and eHam....

73 de KM4SII
Icom your doing very well! I can't even hear anybody on 6 meters. Earlier I did work the Western Sahara station though. I need to find some more time to try and work some serious DX. Your Lithenstein station was spotted but I couldn't hear him.
Uniden 536 HP Kenwood TS-2000 Comet 250-B Diamond D3000N