New York and New Jersey Ports and Area Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I have a feed up that is scanning all VHF marine channels. I am working on it all the time. I will in the near future have a good out door antenna set up and the resection will be much better, it's not bad now. It does get hung up with static from time to time. The feed isn't in my house so when it happens I cant just run up and fix it. The feed is in Jersey City NJ about a mile from the Hudson River. It's in a high area of the city and looks down on the Hudson, Passaic and Hackensack Rivers and the Newark Bay. You'll hear vessel traffic talking to ships directions them around the are. You'll hear tug boats and will defiantly hear the Staten Island Ferries calling when they are leaving the Battery and Saint George terminals. You'll hear Coast Guard ops. and the Author Kill (AK) railroad bridge announcing when it's going to be closing so train traffic can go over it. I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the link.
New York and New Jersey Ports and Area Marine Live Scanner Audio Feed

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Finally A marine live feed...GREAT News!!

I have a feed up that is scanning all VHF marine channels. I am working on it all the time. I will in the near future have a good out door antenna set up and the resection will be much better, it's not bad now. It does get hung up with static from time to time. The feed isn't in my house so when it happens I cant just run up and fix it. The feed is in Jersey City NJ about a mile from the Hudson River. It's in a high area of the city and looks down on the Hudson, Passaic and Hackensack Rivers and the Newark Bay. You'll hear vessel traffic talking to ships directions them around the are. You'll hear tug boats and will defiantly hear the Staten Island Ferries calling when they are leaving the Battery and Saint George terminals. You'll hear Coast Guard ops. and the Author Kill (AK) railroad bridge announcing when it's going to be closing so train traffic can go over it. I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the link.
New York and New Jersey Ports and Area Marine Live Scanner Audio Feed

Ah This is GREAT any idea when you will be back up and running??
Also would it be possible to add 69,71,72 to the scan also.? the other ferries on the river use these channels...thanks hope your back up soon

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Were back up and better then ever.

After being down for a few weeks I have the feed back up and working better then ever. I installed a new antenna mounted on the roof. It's abut a mile from the lower Hudson River in Jersey City NJ, located 75 feet above sea level and the antenna is another 40 feet above ground. The sound quality is much better then it was and the chatter is greatly improved. I'm doing all the marine radio channels that I can that doesnt pickup intermod.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
AWSOME

Very cool.. Great job..

Last edited:

N1DPW

No audio on NY NJ marine feed

I can access the feed but there is no audio. Been listening all morning.

Feed sounded great last night. Hope it's a simple fix.

Paul N1DPW

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Were back up.

The feed is back up, a new sound card is installed with a back up just in case this one fries. I hope it's up for good. Sorry for all the up and down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.