Share AIS Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketmariner

Hi Folks,

We are the creators of an app called Boat Beacon - an AIS navigation app for sailors with iPhone and Android. Boat Beacon includes boat positions, collision detection alerts and alarms for small boat users - essentially so they can have the benefits of an AIS-like system on their smartphone.

We're looking to improve our coverage, and are hoping that some of you will be kind enough to share data that you receive on your AIS receivers with users in our network - I know many already do with Marine Traffic and other networks.

We have information on how to connect into us at Cover your area - but essentially you simply need to add an output to your ship plotter software to share to...

boatbeaconapp.com (54.225.113.225) UDP port 5322

We can also set up a custom port for you if you like, so that you can track your own traffic directly in our app.
In some cases we may be able to supply AIS receivers if you have a good location where we have a blackspot.

I hope this is of interest - please let me know ( iain@pocketmariner.com ) if you decide to share and I'll send you connection details - in return we are happy to offer complimentary copies of our apps...

Many thanks,
Iain

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Please note for People without an Marine Radio Licence its in the most (European) States ilegal to receive and share this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.