Sector Lake Michigan MSIB Broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

They can select any of the Rescue 21 RFF sites, altho you would think they would pick a common selection , I've found each sector varies as well as varies by Operator

Same question was raised at
http://forums.radioreference.com/wi...m/36755-uscg-sector-lake-michigan-update.html

You have one right in your back yard
Name Michigan City (East)
Latitude__DD_MM_SS_SSN 41-38-33.10N
Longitude__DDD_MM_SS_SSW 086-59-52.70W

Then West of you is
Name Calumet (West)
Latitude__DD_MM_SS_SSN 41-43-02.11N
Longitude__DDD_MM_SS_SSW 087-31-39.01W

Then NorthEast of you is
Name Baroda (East)
Latitude__DD_MM_SS_SSN 41-57-42.90N
Longitude__DDD_MM_SS_SSW 086-32-23.90W

Does anyone know from where the MSIB broadcasts on Ch22A, for Sector Lake Michigan, originate??

Someeetimes they come in very strong at my location other times they are barly above the noise.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Being in MI I can hear them clearly here in Mid-MI and the 9:35 am and pm notice to mariners broadcasts come from Detroit. It comes in as strong booming signal as well being 100+ miles away, but 'possibly' they 'may' at nearby Essexville CG station repeat it? They give messages about there entire sector they cover.

Here are the CG sectors nationwide USCG: Units

ecps92

Rescue 21 Distress System Coverage
Scroll to the bottom and you will find the Rescue 21 / RFF / High Site maps where each transmitter is for the District

Being in MI I can hear them clearly here in Mid-MI and the 9:35 am and pm notice to mariners broadcasts come from Detroit. It comes in as strong booming signal as well being 100+ miles away, but 'possibly' they 'may' at nearby Essexville CG station repeat it? They give messages about there entire sector they cover.

Here are the CG sectors nationwide USCG: Units

prowisscan

On the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan, the broadcasts originate from the Coast Guard station in Milwaukee at 02:55 & 14:55 UTC. There are repeaters that are located along the shore up through Door County that rebroadcast 22a from the Milwaukee base.

NML-21

On the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan, the broadcasts originate from the Coast Guard station in Milwaukee at 02:55 & 14:55 UTC. There are repeaters that are located along the shore up through Door County that rebroadcast 22a from the Milwaukee base.

Let me clear this one up. On the Wisconsin side AND on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan, the broadcasts originates from Coast Guard Sector Lake Michigan located in Milwaukee. They have RFF's (Remote controlled Fixed Facilities) located all along the Lake Michigan. They are not repeaters. They never had repeaters even as far back as the NDS system.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/images/marcomms/cgcomms/Rescue21/SecLakeMich.jpg

CapnJon

Let me clear this one up. On the Wisconsin side AND on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan, the broadcasts originates from Coast Guard Sector Lake Michigan located in Milwaukee. They have RFF's (Remote controlled Fixed Facilities) located all along the Lake Michigan. They are not repeaters. They never had repeaters even as far back as the NDS system.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/images/marcomms/cgcomms/Rescue21/SecLakeMich.jpg

We used to call them Hi-Level sites, not sure what they're called now, Been almost 20 years.

ecps92

Hi-Sites - wording still used by some, but many now reference them as RFF (Remote Fixed Facility) all integrated as part of Rescue 21

We used to call them Hi-Level sites, not sure what they're called now, Been almost 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.