Channel 16 repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am hearing (once again) a repeater that re-transmits all traffic it hears on 156.800. It is on 455.9125 DPL 606. No it is not an image. I hear it on several scanners and commercial radios as well. I only hear it when there is band enhancement as there is this morning. I am guessing it is in Mass. or somewhere in northern New England. I did a search on the FCC database with no joy. It does fall within the media section of the spectrum I believe. Anyone have a location fix?
Bob
Milford, Ct.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber

Yes he was hearing it also at one point. He is about 60 miles east of me in New London Ct. That post was from 2014 and I have had it in my scanner since 2013 when I first discovered it, so it has been around for a while. I'm sure someone will be closer to it than me to track it down. Looks like I have lost reception of it for the moment. Enhancement might be fading. :-(

ecps92

TowBoat and Seatow have been known to Link the VHF Marine channels into their UHF networks, to allow communication at higher-power via UHF Portables to the remote VHF TX/RX

Towboat - Cape Cod was on 452.1750 for years WQCJ618

Each VHF Channel has it's own CTCSS/DCS Tones.

With the BAND open, as it is
http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/
could it also be from Canada??

See what CG Stations/Sectors are heard just prior to the 21a Notice to Mariners
I am hearing (once again) a repeater that re-transmits all traffic it hears on 156.800. It is on 455.9125 DPL 606. No it is not an image. I hear it on several scanners and commercial radios as well. I only hear it when there is band enhancement as there is this morning. I am guessing it is in Mass. or somewhere in northern New England. I did a search on the FCC database with no joy. It does fall within the media section of the spectrum I believe. Anyone have a location fix?
Bob
Milford, Ct.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
TowBoat and Seatow have been known to Link the VHF Marine channels into their UHF networks, to allow communication at higher-power via UHF Portables to the remote VHF TX/RX

Towboat - Cape Cod was on 452.1750 for years WQCJ618

Each VHF Channel has it's own CTCSS/DCS Tones.

With the BAND open, as it is
VHF Propagation Map
could it also be from Canada??

See what CG Stations/Sectors are heard just prior to the 21a Notice to Mariners

Hey Bill,
yes 452.175 is still active - as I type actually. 67.0 PL
they re-transmit ch. 16 and 13
but doubtful that this 455 one is from Canada- the receiver was picking up the same that I hear at my QTH (pretty much) and the enhancement was not that intense earlier. I usually hear Halifax Coast Guard on 16 when it opens up in that direction.

ecps92

Interesting on the 67.0, as they have always used the ODD Motorola Only type tones.

Hey Bill,
yes 452.175 is still active - as I type actually. 67.0 PL
they re-transmit ch. 16 and 13
but doubtful that this 455 one is from Canada- the receiver was picking up the same that I hear at my QTH (pretty much) and the enhancement was not that intense earlier. I usually hear Halifax Coast Guard on 16 when it opens up in that direction.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I'm getting a similar rebroadcast down here in South Florida. I've been monitoring the Marine Frequencies were I live in West Palm Beach and notice that 161.925 has a lot of activity especially USCG Sector Miami broadcasting messages. Come to find out 161.925 rebroadcasts 156.800 in this area. Very Cool

bs369

CG repeater

At one time the USCG had a repeater on top of the George Washington Bridge that retransmitted156.8 to an output somwhere in the 161-165 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.