Ch 16 on nfm or reg fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Yes, however as Radioman2001 indicated

"Your reception may chop in and out if you use NBFM for a normal FM channel. Marine (Part 80) frequencies were exempt from narrow banding."

Experiment and see how it works. It might work for you, it might not
Sometimes you might need to add audio boost,others No. There is no One hard fast rule, as you are the one listening, no us and you do need to tweak your own radios adjustments.

Can I receive radio traffic on ch 16 if my uniden scanner is listening in narrow fm mode?

majoco

Stirrer
A real radio? My Icom R7000 handles 6.25kHz deviation and 12.5kHz deviation equally well and broadcast WFM too.

majoco

Stirrer
Well, it does scan but unbelievably slowly and although it does have 100 memory locations it's not 'banked' or anything like that. The 'scan stop/resume' method is really strange and there is no delay when the carrier drops so it's easy to miss a reply until the scan comes around the loops again! After all that, it's still a damn good radio and far more sensitive than the Unidens and Yaesus I have around here. Mind you, it is running off it's own discone where the others are running through broadband amplified multicoupler from a multiband TV antenna. It also has a proper "S" meter which is very useful for evaluating new antennas or setup changes.

com501

A 'real radio' in this context is a TWO-WAY radio, not a scanner or ham radio. You know, commercial radio.

A scanner should be programmed for wide band (5khz deviation) for Marine as well as Weather Channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.