Accident on Bay Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Catching bits and pieces. APD mentioned something about an accident on the Bay Bridge, and Syscom is talking about a TFR going up shortly.

BM82557

Catching bits and pieces. APD mentioned something about an accident on the Bay Bridge, and Syscom is talking about a TFR going up shortly.

Notam has been issued:

NOTAM Number : FDC 8/3200 Issue Date : June 18, 2008 at 1949 UTC Location : BAY BRIDGE BALTIMORE , Maryland near BALTIMORE VORTAC (BAL) Beginning Date and Time : Effective Immediately Ending Date and Time : Until further notice Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions Type : Hazards Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A Jump To: Affected Areas
Operating Restrictions and Requirements
Other Information
Affected Area(s) Top Airspace Definition: Center: On the BALTIMORE VORTAC (BAL) 139 degree radial at 16.6 nautical miles. (Latitude: 38º59'55"N, Longitude: 76º22'58"W) Radius: 3 nautical miles Altitude: From the surface up to and including 2500 feet MSL Effective Date(s): From June 18, 2008 at 1949 UTC Until further notice From June 18, 2008 at 1949 UTC Until further notice

Anand

Premium Subscriber
From what I heard:

4 Vehicle MVA
Two people (one who had to be extricated from the vehicle) were being called for airlift to Shock Trauma, not sure who responded as I heard Trooper2 airlifting someone else out of the AACO area about 30 minutes prior.

If I heard correctly this occurred Lane 2 Westbound and at least 3 of the vehicles needed to be towed off the bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.