Brush fire in Frederick Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

Units are just now wrapping up operations on Highland School Rd. Does anyone know what channel they were operating on? I was listening to a patch on the Ft Detrick JNCR site and would like to ID it. I'm thinking it may be the Fire Patch channel. Loudoun, Washington and Montgomery units were assisting.

Last edited:

SHAKEY

That was a Barn Fire, Opps was on Fred co Tac 30. They also used "sub groups" 31-34 and at some point water supply was on Tac 40. Most of the time ECC only monitors the main Tac Talk groups (Tac 30,40,70,80,) and not the "sub Tac talk groups" (Tac 31, 32, 33, 34. 41, 42.....). most of the surrounding jurisdictions all have each others systems and main/most commonly used talk groups programed in their 800 TRS radios, or in Wash co the stations that commonly run into frederick have a seperate Frederick co TRS radio. The Ft. Detrick TRS Radios use a detacated 400mHz TRS talk group thru a hardwired permenat patch to Frederick's 800mHz TRS Talk Groups. If you look in the Data Base for Ft. Detrick's System you will see that thay only use selected Frederick Talk Groups. this was to get away from carring 2 radios, but you may already know most of this.

freqhopping

I'm aware of how the Detrick system works and the talkgroups. I believe I have submitted all the information for the patches to the Frederick system as well as some others. Since I can't receive the Frederick TRS 99% of the time I have to count on a direct channel reference to ID the Detrick TGs. I didn't hear any references last night. Plus with all the different jurisdictions involved I had to wonder what was the most practical way to get everyone on a common channel. I certainly wasn't hearing the TAC-30 ops, that's TG 653. I was listening to ops on TG 641. That was the first time I logged it.

I have another match I'm pretty sure of, 644= Fire Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.