Bay Bridge Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

baydog

At 9PM.

QA County and AA County units being dispatched . MdTA police reported a female jumped at MM 34 of the eastbound span (about the middle of the main span)

QA boat 1, QA boat 2 Eng 14
AA County PM 39 Quint 23, Squad 23, FB 35, FB 13, EMS 3 , BC 2 Shift Commander, Dive Team, Eng 19-2

DNR Units 340 and 348 on 155.370 going to SAndy Point State Park

DNR with QA County on 159.090 didn't hear QA

AA County FB 3513 with USCG Sector Baltimore, reporting 20 minutes to reach the scene.

QA Chief 2 with AA 19-2 on AA County Kilo, reporting Trooper 6 enroute.

baydog

USCG Sector Baltimore on CH 16 reporting the "previously reported person in the water in the vicinity of the BB has been found. Cancel Pan-Pan."

baydog

Pan-pan is one of three marine band terms used to inform mariners of important information. Securitie and Mayday are the other two.

Everyone knows Mayday - imminent danger to life

Pan-pan is less urgent and is used to alert mariners of critical information concerning a vessel or persons. I hear it used frequently in USCG broadcasts for over-due vessels, missing jet-skiers,etc.

Securite is used to alert mariners for hazards to navigation and marine weather information. I also hear it used by commercial vessels to inform other vessels of their intnentions as well as the USCG for floating logs and other debris in the water.

The form of broadcast is for example is : "pan-pan, pan-pan, pan-pan, Hello all stations , hello all stations, hello all stations, this US Coast Guard Sector Baltimore.
The Coast Guard has received a report of a person in the water near the center span of Bay Bridge. All vessels in the vicinity are urged to keep a sharp lookout, assist if possible, and report all sightings to US Coast Guard Sector Baltimore"

I was also wondering about FB 60. I guess it was unavailble for some reason. Usually the units from Station 19 are used to crew it.

baydog

I forgot to mention that pan-pan is pronounced "pon-pon" and securite is "secure a tay". I think the terms are derived from French words.

Status
Not open for further replies.