Bay Bridge Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

baydog

Around 9:30 AM units from Anne Arundel ( PM 17, EMS 3, E 19-2, Boat 61) and Queen Anne ( Boat 1, PM100) dispatched for a jumper from the west bound span of the Bay Bridge. Operations were on AA County TG Echo. MSP Trooper 6 patched in on AA County. DNR 3XX units on 155.37. No MdTA units heard.

The jumper survived and was seen in the water on the Sandy Point side of the center span and was rescued by AA County Fireboat 61 and taken to Sandy Point State Park where Trooper 6 had landed. AA Fireboat 61 reported rescue to DNR vessels on 155.37 which was the only direct contact that I heard between the AA/QA units and DNR.

Jumper was transported to AAMC by PM 17 as a priority 1 patient.

Dentondog

Caught the Call

Heard the initial call for Queen Anne emergency support this morning, but when QA responders switched to the AA channel I lost them. Glad to hear the guy survived.

doctordave

Baydog,

Heard the same activity on the QA & AA 800 systems. Were the FD units communicating directly on 155.37 - or did this seem to be a patch from the 911 center? In the past, I've heard FD boats and DNR simply come up on the usual marine freqs for coordination.

baydog

I believe it was a patch as there was discussion on the AA County talk group about problems patching the State units ( other than Trooper 6 ) in. Only traffic I heard on the marine VHF band was the USCG "Pon-Pon" about a person in the water near thebridge.

doctordave

Ah - that makes sense. Interesting to note that DNR was specifically on 155.37. We still need to figure precisely how the new NRP VHF-High freqs are being employed (recent update in the database).

troymail

Silent Key
I don't understand why the Bay Bridge folks couldn't get in more direct communication with the AA County units.... after that fatal wreck last year on the bridge, the Bay Bridge obtained radios capable of communicating directly on the AA County system.... they test the radios on the key talkgroups every morning between 0630-0700...

trimmerj

>I don't understand why the Bay Bridge folks couldn't get in more direct communication with the AA County units

Seems like patching Metronet (460.05) into a AA county talkgroup wouldn't be a tall order

Status
Not open for further replies.