Someone abusing airwaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristotle73

Does anyone else hear the occasional transmission of country music or someone say "Hey there!" over the Sheriff Dispatch and MSP Sheriff? The abusive transmissions seem too short and infrequent to be tracked and located. There also seems to be alot of dead keying as well. Anyone know anything about these?

emtLarmy15

I know prior to being on a trunked system, we used to play on the radio all the time. Don't necessercarily count out that it's actually the police playing around. Once we switched to a trunked system, we were pretty much screwed cause of the ID's coming up on the screens.

Chris

aristotle73

Last night it happened twice sometime after 10pm but before 2am. I don't remember what frequency. Just that it happened on either the Sheriff MSP or Sheriff Dispatch channel (the main channel I think). I'll be sure to write down the times and frequencies next time it happens. So far it has happened only at night except for one incident sometime last week when a rather agitated woman started talking for no reason over the channel.

emtLarmy15

I think what he was asking was what county etc. There are 23 counties in MD with at least 23 county sheriff's office and numerous MSP installations. Are you talking about conventional freq's or on a trunked system?

Chris

aristotle73

Trunked. I am currently residing in Frederick County with the Frederick County Trunked Systems in my radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.