Cecil County Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

David76Agnew

Can anybody advise what the frequencies are for Cecil County Fire/EMS ops? I've found some references here but nothing that specifically says "ops".

DELCOLHFC

David, The best you are going to be able to do is monitor the 155.5275 'patch' provided by the County. I can usually catch it up here in Delco PA with a decent outside antenna. I know this isn't the hoped for answer but it's better than nothing.
Tom

David76Agnew

Thanks Mike,
I'm a little confused with your reply tho... "the Cecil system is not monitorable, so if they're using the TRS there, you're SOL..." I'm using a BCD996T here in Newark, DE. and their 154, 155 MHz freqs, aside from dispatch on 155.5275 and what is stated as the "helo patch (possibly Ops 6?)", are only squelch breaks and (was that a data burst I just heard?) for me.

They are using a M/A Com pro voice TRS. No scanner currently on the market can scan a pro voice system. You can monitor dispatch only with a scanner on 155.5275 as others have said. You are not going to hear anything by scanning the TRS frequencies.

If you stay near the computer you can listen to the fire/ems ops channels on teamspeak. Just go to www.incidentbroadcast.com and download and install the teamspeak software. That is the only way currently to monitor the ops channels.

Last edited:

doctordave

David,

For incidents in lower Cecil that involve Kent Co mutual aid, the talkgroup (which you cannot monitor) will often be patched into "VTAC-1" (which you can monitor - see the Cecil page of the database for the freq).

David76Agnew

Well thanks to all. My questions have certainly been answered. I have always said though, where there's a will...

MARINE21078

While they do use the one of a kind, VHF Narrowband ProVoice EDACS EA radio system, you CAN still monitor it. The following link will send you to a page where you can download softwear named TeamSpeak Client 2. From there you can hear a direct link set up in the Cecil County EOC that is just for this purpose. You are able to hear the following:

FD MAIN
OPS 6
OPS 7
OPS 8
OPS 9
OPS 10
EMS OPS

This is the only way I can, and gladly monitor, Cecil County Fire/EMS.
As you had said before, when theres a will...theres a way!
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.