Somerset County

Status
Not open for further replies.

milligandw

In error, I first posted this question under the subject of Worcester County:

I know the database indicates that Princess Anne PD's frequency is 155.55 [179.9], but I'm also picking up 155.55 [165] very clearly in Cambridge. I can tell that PL165 is a PD, but I can't tell from where?

Does anyone out there know?

TinEar

Dave, I guess you mean DPL165 since there is no PL165.
In any case, I can't help. The only other use of 155.55 that I have for this area is UnivMD, Catonsville police but they use PL 114.8.

[Edit] P.S. -- When you make a mistake, you can edit (like I'm doing here) and just change the title of your post, or, if no one has responded to the post, you can just hit the X in the upper right hand corner and erase the whole thing.

milligandw

Thanks for the user tips TinEar,

Yes, you are correct, I meant DPL165. It was coming in pretty strong, so I thought may have been from somewhere on the shore. It must have been due to inordinate weather conditions, because it's not coming in today.

The PL114.8 will useful because I've pick it up before.

I've also picked up the following tones as well:

PL151.4
PL127.3
and
PL118.8

Don't know what those are either...David

emtLarmy15

I have heard that on Princess Anne's frequency up on the upper shore, but never been able to figure out just who it was... cause I just don't pay real close attention to it. I don't think anyone else on the shore is assigned that frequency, but you might wanna check the FCC database. That might be a good place to start.

Chris

milligandw

I checked the FCC database and Somerset County and Univ of MD Cantonsville PD are the only 2 entities assigned this frequency. Next I sat on 155.55 [165] for a while to see if I could pick up any additional clues and I heard the following:

1) A reference to a be on the look out for an unauthorized use of a car by a 16 year old that was headed towards Salisbury by way of the County Office Complex on Somerset Ave.

2) A 10-27 come back with a Princess Anne address.

Conclusion: This is Princess Anne PD.

What's also peculiar is that I'm no longer picking up 155.55 [179.9]

Interesting...could it be that they changed their PL tone?

David

TinEar

Sure it could happen David. It's been done before. Once you're absolutely sure about it, submit it to the database. Nice catch, by the way.

emtLarmy15

Next time I go into the Police Station, I'll check to see what PL I have programmed into my scanner that is at the station. I don't see why they would have changed, especially since they are gonna be getting an EDACS system in the next year or so, but guess anything is possible.

Chris

Ps: I do know that I have heard another PD somewhere in the Mid shore using this frequency.

milligandw

Let us know what you find out Chris...if I'm right, then I'd be more than happy to update the DB.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.