RINS Freqs Used by Howard County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

I've noticed in the past week that Howard County has used the RINS freqs. It was a detective unit using them. They stayed on the Howard County system when well out of the county to the east and north but as soon as they headed out of the county to the south, they went to RINS. The same group also came up on the Baltimore County system for a specific reason. I'm hesitant for now to go into more detail of "who, where and why" since it seems to be an ongoing operation. The use of RINS surprised me though since I didn't think Howard County was part of the Washington Area Council of Governments.

TinEar

Yes, one and the same.

[Edit] I should have done this first but I just checked the database and it lists RINS-1 as a Howard County Fire Department talk-around frequency. At least this associates this frequency with Howard but not with the Police Department.

doctordave

Al,

There have been some recent ops (last few days) on Balt Co VNA 153....they were getting out of range of the Balt Co towers and talked of going to some Howard Co radio freq....other units seemed unclear on how to switch over and there were some reception problems. Then....they just disappeared off the balt Co system. Perhaps the same activity that you were hearing?

Dave

TinEar

Sounds like my bunch Dave and there is a specific reason they go to BaltCo. I'm really reluctant to say too much about this for now but it sure has been interesting to follow the past few days. If you know where they are switching to on HowCo, go listen to it. It's the real deal.

doctordave

Yes....good stuff....and I am sometimes amazed at how open & specific they are regarding location info, etc, in the "clear" on the radio. You might think they would have better operational security.

markgrutz

Our V&N and Baltimore County V&N are tailing someone. They have made the rounds all over from PG to AA to Balto to Howard Counties following this guy. The talkgroups that are used (on the Howard TRS) are Police D5 which is patched to the PIOP1 talkgroup. The Baltimore County guys are coming over the interop talkgroups, so far with about 5 different radios. I haven't had the opportunity to ask anyone in "the know" whats going on. If I run into anyone in the next few days I'll get some "public" details :)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.