BC296D setup for fire in Montgomery Co, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradam2002

I am trying to set my new scanner to only scan fire in Montgomery Co, MD.
I tried everything, and I am getting police, fire, and gov. channels together.
I just want the fire and nothing else, can it be done, I am using the software that came with the scanner.
I have the fleet id's only for fire but i am getting everything.
Maybe I have my scanner set wrong.
Can anyone please help.
Thanks Brad

Bugkiller

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you have your scanner in the id search mode. Press and hold the truck button until you hear abeep and see "ready to id scan". This should only scan the only the id's you have programmed in the talk groups. Good luck.

Dank

296 setup for Mont Co MD

Hi Brad-
I had the same issues when I first set mine up. Use the database info to obtain all the talk groups you want to scan. Group them together in talk lists. I set mine up to have 3 lists of fire id's. I then set up additional lists with police and other ids. With this system you can turn off the lists containing police or other talk group ids, so you won't hear anything when you don't want to. Keep the lists with the fire id's active. While your scanning through the bank you are using for Montgomery Co, push the corresponding number on the keypad to turn on or off the talk lists. Good luck, Dan

bradam2002

Thanks I tried it, maybe I am doing something wrong

Entered all the 16 freq for the county and in the Id part I entered all the fire ID's.
Everything police and fire still somes up.
When my scanner scans, its not showing any fleet ID's on the screen.
Thanks again

Dank

Mont Co MD

I remeber having a hard time setting up my own 296, because everything was new. I had never used a trunking scanner before. Have you tried the software that came with your radio from Uniden? Although I hear ARC 250 is much easier to use I was able to program most of my 296 with the uniden software. I can email you the file which I used to program Mont Co into mine. If you have a spare bank on your radio I would suggest copyig my file to your empty bank and see how you like the setup. I know you want only fire, but mine has police and misc ids too. But they are grouped in lists so you can turn off what you don't want. Hope this works for you. Just one other thought. Be sure your set up for teh Type 2 p25 system. Let me know how it goes.
Dan

Dank

Turn odd ID Search mode

Brad,
Refer to page 25 in your owners manual, for the section on searching all active talkgroups on a system. You may have this enabled which would cause your radio to stop pn all ids regardless if they are in your id list or not. This should solve your problem. Also you may want to try the following link for additional information:

http://strongsignals.net/access/clubs/bc296d/index.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.