Howard County Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear105

I'm hearing technicians testing on TG00048. They are discussing low-power transmissions. Does this TG make sense for this system??

mlevin

Back when they implemented the system I think the radio techs were using that ID for testing. I could be wrong and getting confused with something else though. Either way that's a valid ID, and as far as I know moto systems can have both the 6 digit IDs as well as IDs with lower values

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
mlevin said:
Back when they implemented the system I think the radio techs were using that ID for testing. I could be wrong and getting confused with something else though. Either way that's a valid ID, and as far as I know moto systems can have both the 6 digit IDs as well as IDs with lower values

Yep, in AA county that's often where the EMS folks respond; I think there's a similar usage in Baltimore county.
Besides, I think the MAXIMUM length of a talkgroup is 6 characters; so a talkgroup of 000048 is perfectly valid.

73s Mike

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Motorola talkgroups range from 16 to (2^16)-16 in increments of 16 using Uniden's weird method of including the status bit in the talkgroup ID.
There is a total of 4095 possible talkgroup IDs per system. The highest talkgroup ID is 65520 (decimal). In hexadecimal, ignoring the status bit, talkgroups range from 001 to FFF.

-Eric

baybum

I saw 00048 pop up on Wednesday. No voice, just a carrier.
Bear, have you heard any voice yet?

Mike

Bear, I'm in E.C. too. PM me for specifics if interested.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.