Latest little adventure, got to actually help this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were listening to eastern district, you would of heard the call for a B&E in progress at the mountain road DPW Yard, at the corner of Mountain road and Mountain Estates. I was real close, one cop went up to the front gate, i decided what the heck and went around near the food lion/mr tire to watch the side fence. As soon as i got there, i saw the two punks, one white one black. The thing that made me laugh out loud in my car was the fact that the confused little white boy was wearing a HUGE ASS white shirt. Both of them were holding their pants like they had a load of shi* in them. :roll: :roll: They couldnt even run because they had to hold up their pants. Dumbasses.

Anyway, as soon as i saw them i called 911, told the dispacher i was aware of the situation through my scanner, told them to get units on the side near mr tire, that i was watching them. As soon as i lost sight of them, i hear over the scanner 'further notes advising suspects are on the side near mr tire...' and a cruiser comes flying around me. Soon after two more come up and the world comes crashing down on these two retards. :roll:

tell the calltaker the officers see the suspect, give her my name and number, blah blah blah

Minor excitement to wrap up my sleepy day. Too bad i didnt get pictures for yall.

mlevin

This is why cops shouldn't go encrypted! Way to go, you didn't get in the way but still notified the authorities in a proper manner. You've portrayed the scanning community in a positive light. Something that doesn't always happen.

"They couldnt even run because they had to hold up their pants."

Yeah I really don't get that. I've personally witnessed a guys pants fall all the way to his knees while he was crossing the street! I couldn't stop laughing for the next 10 minutes.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Wow another Job well done by a citizen with a Scanner. I agree with moe I wish the Police would go encrypted so Hoodlehead here wont get himself killed trying to act like a cop. If you wanna act like a cop then become a cop otherwise knock it off. :evil:

mlevin

Nathan, read my post carefully. I said that's why they shouldn't go encrypted. Now I don't advocate chasing bad guys, but if I was in the same situation I can't honestly say that I would not have done the same thing.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Dispatcher308 said:
Wow another Job well done by a citizen with a Scanner. I agree with moe I wish the Police would go encrypted so Hoodlehead here wont get himself killed trying to act like a cop. If you wanna act like a cop then become a cop otherwise knock it off. :evil:

Relax there Nathan! :) The guy didn't go "call chasing" he happened to have a scanner in his car, saw a situation, and decided to get involed. I would be verrryy curious to see if you felt the same way if it was your house that they were breaking into.

scannerman700

scanner_freak said:
Dispatcher308 said:

Relax there Nathan! :) The guy didn't go "call chasing" he happened to have a scanner in his car, saw a situation, and decided to get involed. I would be verrryy curious to see if you felt the same way if it was your house that they were breaking into.
I second that!!! Read CapPuns post a wee bit more carefully about what he did... It sounds to me that he was about 50-100 yards away from the Place that was being burgularized by the punks... Plus, I think it wasnt necessary to call CapPun a "Hoodlehead"... CapPun is a young man thats planning to become a Police Officer in the near future... Also, wouldnt you want CapPun or someone else to call the law if someone else was trying to bust into your home to steal something or to bother you or your family while thier asleep... CapPun needs to be praised for a Job well done!!! :D

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Well

That is fine that he does this I guess. I however have had it beat into my head as I was an explorer to never ever ever assist a police officer at the scene of a robbery, burglary or chase in progress or that had just occured as we all know that we can get hurt or even killed. Now yes I have been given certificates from local police after seeing felons steal a car from a garage one night while on my way home, however I did not follow them and I did not sit and watch them I called the police got the tag numbers of the vehicles and then went to the police station to write a statement. But that is all I did.

Sorry for calling people hoodleheads but it has been branded into my brain not to be a cop if your not a cop. Especially if you heard it on the Scanner that means most of the time it is occuring or just occured.

Nathan

scannerman700

Nathan,
There are some people who are very courageous and brave, Im pretty sure that you would probably do the same thing If you were to see what CapPun seen that day...Also dont try to be the hero of the day and chase the bad guys down, But do what CapPun did by parking his vehicle in a Place where The Punks cant see you, but you can see them committing the crime, and call the Police and help them out the best you can...
Again a Job Well done by CapPun!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.