Graduation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

laser21012

Graduation day is coming up at the Naval Academy, along with the Blue Angels. I have a Pro 95 and a Pro 96. I have never monitored aeronautical frequencies except BWI. Are any of this scanners capable of listening to the Blue Angels while they practice or on graduation day? Thanks for any information

Bob

trimmerj

Any reciever that can cover 220-400 mhz in the AM mode will work. Make sure you monitor the day before the actual preformance, as there's usualy more radio comms during practice. Recent Frequency lists anyone?

Premium Subscriber
Naval Academy

By the way, all, Baltimore Sun just announced yesterday the Marine Guards will be leaving the Academy permanately. The article was vague on who they'll be replaced with, could be a private security outfit, that seems to be the way things are going. Just FYI....

Jason
(Marine Barracks Annapolis Marine 83-85)

Premium Subscriber
Naval Academy

By the way, all, Baltimore Sun just announced yesterday the Marine Guards will be leaving the Academy permanately. The article was vague on who they'll be replaced with, could be a private security outfit, that seems to be the way things are going. Just FYI....

Jason
(Marine Barracks Annapolis Marine 83-85)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
trimmerj said:
Any reciever that can cover 220-400 mhz in the AM mode will work. Make sure you monitor the day before the actual preformance, as there's usualy more radio comms during practice. Recent Frequency lists anyone?

Check this link out - I notice that Larry doesn't consider the PRO96 to be real good for milair monitoring, and technically speaking, he's right....

http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/airshows.html

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.