Tower 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenner5377

Anyone know where AA CO. Tower 39 is? Rumor has it that it burned to a crisp this evening inside the station. The box ran on this assignment.

David
MAR018

RyanXTS

Inside the Taylor Avenue Station? What else do you know about this, I haven't had my scanner on.

Llwellyn

I'm not finding anything about this from any of the usual suspects... nothing on any local media, Watchdesk, FH.com, and no call from any friends saying "Hey man, did you hear that!?" ...

So, we'll just have to wait :( :D

TinEar

The dispatch went out for several units to respond to this fire in the tower unit but, before they could arrive, station personnel had put out the fire themselves. At one point they mentioned the unit was totally engulfed but then never did an on-air report about the extent of the damage.

Llwellyn

From TWD:

4-7-05 @ 10 PM

TW.39 on fire inside station

E.35
E.36
TS.46
TK.36
SQ.38 (RETURNING FROM ANOTHER CALL)
PM.39
BC.35

*TW.39 CREW ADVISEDS FIRE IS OUT BUT NEEDS 1 ENGINE FOR MOP-UP **
SQ.38 WILL HANDLE IT WITH E.38......

MAYBE INSTEAD OF FIXING IT THE CITY WILL BUY A NEW TOWER/ TRUCK........ (WISHFUL THINKING)

Post credit: Firemann172 (copied as posted)

Admin0140434

well it looks like its already been confirmed (i hate waking up at 1230 in the afternoon), but ill just add my 2 cents in here...

a box was placed out for the tower being on fire inside the station, heavy smoke showing. box was canceled shortly after with the exception of the "clean up crew". fire was put out, but heavy smoke still lingering around the station afterward. tower is out of service. no damage done to the station itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.