Fred Co Talk-Around Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

The other day the Frederick County Sheriff was in my back yard, Well not actually in my yard but close, And I heard them say Go To Talk Around.

I have 851.8375 that had been posted on another board as the talk around freq, But nothing was or has been heard on that freq. This is the only place I have found anything to do with the talk around freq.

Is this a Trunked Freq? If you have new info on this I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Premium Subscriber
Talkaround

Rusty:

No, it's not a trunked freq, but reception is really crappy trying to listen to it, unless they are literally, in your backyard. It's a point to point system, and esp. if they were working off of portables, you would have problems hearing them. Even using the car radios, unless you are within a couple of miles of the other unit, you won't hear them talking.

Best Regards,
Jason

So I'm to assume this Freq is the correct one for talk around?

And thay were close, I could see one unit seting out my window.

Premium Subscriber
Talkaround

Rusty: Yep, that's the right freq. Not sure why you couldn't have picked it up if they were that close. You should've at least heard the car you could see!!!! :shock:
Point of note, tho, I've never been able to pick up FCSO on talkaround on any of my scanners; I have caught the Fire Dept's talking at the Brunswick Vets parade on their talkaround, but never PD. Strange.

Jason

RUSTY_SHACKAFORD said:
So I'm to assume this Freq is the correct one for talk around?

And thay were close, I could see one unit seting out my window.

Status
Not open for further replies.