auto fire alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

How can I tell if the fire alarm in the building will call ECC or not? Ours just went off @ 3:30 & I got dressed then ran out, the manager told me it was a malfunction. Then on the way back to my apartment one tenant told me that there is a lot of them, & I called my dad to tell him. Dad told me that no one [police/fire] can arrest anyone for not following the law & not doing anything. Dad told me that if I smell smoke or see the fire Apparatuse coming then leave. I did hear them coming but do not know if someome called them or not.

Thanks & God bless;

Bob

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The alarm in the building that I live in Annapolis in monitored by an alarm company who presumably calls the fire department when the alarm is activated by a pull station or waterflow from the sprinklers (but not by the smoke detectors.) There is an alarm status panel in the entryway of our building, and I'm assuming that this is connected to a phone line that notifies the alarm co. So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines...

mdulrich

Feed Provider
maus92 said:
So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines...

You won't see the phone lines. They would be in the wall and exit the building with the other phone lines from the building.

Also, if the alarm goes off, don't wait to smell smoke or see fire or wait to hear or see apparatus, LEAVE THE BUILDING!

Mike

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
Mdulrich,

<<<<maus92 wrote:
So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines... >>>>

How did you put the above quote in a box? I have been trying to figure this out for a long time.

Thanks

LordJ

MCMD5 said:
How did you put the above quote in a box? I have been trying to figure this out for a long time.

When you want to reply to the message you go to the 'quote' box in the upper right corner of the message you are replying to. Then you delete any text that you do not want to quote but NOT the bracketed stuff. Give it a try!

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
LordJ said:
When you want to reply to the message you go to the 'quote' box in the upper right corner of the message you are replying to. Then you delete any text that you do not want to quote but NOT the bracketed stuff. Give it a try!

Lets see if this works.

SPERT20906

maus92 said:
The alarm in the building that I live in Annapolis in monitored by an alarm company who presumably calls the fire department when the alarm is activated by a pull station or waterflow from the sprinklers (but not by the smoke detectors.) There is an alarm status panel in the entryway of our building, and I'm assuming that this is connected to a phone line that notifies the alarm co. So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines...

So it does not go to the dispach [ECC], but the alarm people. thank.

Bob

SPERT20906

mdulrich said:
maus92 said:
So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines...

Do this when they go off because the code enforcement people told me to leave as it was real, she told me that fires can happen even when they do testing.

Just did a letter to the new agency to ask them [when they come to visit me].

Things to talk about;

· BEDROOM WINDOW STICKS

· FIRE DRILLS ;

What do we do if the alarms go off?

What do we do if they test the fire alarms?

It is so strange how mangers or agencys that mange housing for disabled people seem not to want to follow what is set up, it is like they want us to all burn in hell.

You won't see the phone lines. They would be in the wall and exit the building with the other phone lines from the building.

Also, if the alarm goes off, don't wait to smell smoke or see fire or wait to hear or see apparatus, LEAVE THE BUILDING!

Mike

Always do that when I first move in & there is, but no wires showing. However there is a room where the equipment is & on each floor in the stairwell I see a box with 2 lights on it [flashing].

SPERT20906

MCMD5 said:
Mdulrich,

<<<<maus92 wrote:
So I suggest that you poke around and look to see if there is a status panel in your building, and look for phone lines... >>>>

Thanks

Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.