Who is using this frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristotle73

I checked the RR database but it returned nothing. I have been hearing voice transmissions over the frequency 463.58125. The last transmission was something about the temperature of something being at 32.42 degrees farenheit. Anyone have any ideas?

TinEar

How did you come up with that frequency? I know of nothing that carries out to five decimal places. In that range, freqs are separated by 12.5 kHz so 463.5875 or 463.575 would be valid freqs.

[Edit] Although...if 6.25 kHz spacing were used, that would be a valid freq. Has 6.25 been assigned to that freq range by anyone? I see Llwellyn's post below had a hit so it might be they are using 6.25 spacing.

Llwellyn

The ULS has one hit; a business/industrial trunked license, callsign WPRV698. It's licensed to STARCOMM WIRELESS, INC. in Las Vegas, NV.

It's possible that it is a military or government user; they are not regulated by the FCC and do not have ULS listings for their frequencies.

It's also possible you were picking up something from one of the adjacent freqs if the signal was really powerful and really close.... there are 83 licenses in MD for the frequency range 463.5-463.6... most of them businesses or schools.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
We'll need a location and a fix on the exact frequency to narrow this down; there are scads of active licenses in the Baltimore metro area between 463 and 464 MHz....I'm listening to some of them now.

aristotle73

I live in Frederick and can usually hear the most activity at night time. I live off Shookstown road if that helps determine location any.

aristotle73

*UPDATE*

Sometime around 11pm I heard the following announcement on this frequency "There's a Scientific alarm going". Any ideas? Sounds like a maintenance frequency for some type of lab.

eyes00only

This could be ANYTHING! Split freqs are low power, and not always licensed. Could easily be a security company, janitors, etc. Try the "paired freq." and see what happens. The 468.xxxx would be the input if a repeater is used.

Jerry

aristotle73

Ok, I have the paired frequency programmed into memory. I'll let you know if it there are any communications this frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.