Baltimore City Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenner5377

Anyone have any ID's for Baltimore City ERT or HNT units and Ops? The only thing I have is 5168, and I would like to listen to some of the incident in Baltimore (see major events post).

Thanks!

Dougie

I have tons of very rarely used t.g's I have stored the past year for Balti. city. system. I will try to get some of them to you later! I think there is a couple that are in the 5000's also I just never posted them!

doctordave

David,

I have the Tac-1 TG in and have actually never heard any ERT comms on it....even when ERT call-outs are active. In the past, I have heard only what sounds like possibly patrol chit-chat on there. I have often wondered where ERT comms occur and have never come up with anything. They are often heard getting called for on Citywide-1....then seem to operate off the particular district A or C TG.....wonder if their on-scene comms are simplex and not part of the trunked system?

skipshark773

I dont think that their tactical talkgroup is meant in the ERT/QRT way. I think its slightly akin to our tac channels in baltimore county, where theres mostly sidebar conversations, and sometimes other events (like details or traffic control at major accidents). My guess would be that 5168 is a tactical on a citywide level, whereas the channel "c" talkgroups are assigned to district use.

Dougie

Car to car ?.....Radio to radio between baltimore county radios is somewhat used.
I can see and her this on the uniden 296. The car to car convo came up as a example: 451002 tg and switched to 451008 the whole convo:.Would be the direct radio id's! Have yet to heard or seen this on the city radios much at all, but I really can not recall.

TinEar

Dougie, I think you're referring to I-CALLS. Those are radio to radio calls and can also be radio to telephone on certain systems. You're correct that they are six digits but they always start with a 7 in the Motorola systems. Since you have a Uniden radio, you can enter the talkgroup 700000 in each trunked system and it will automatically receive any I-CALL no matter the number. Different agencies have different sets of rules for allowing this feature to be used. For instance, in Anne Arundel County, only supervisors can initiate an I-CALL.

mlevin

Al, I wish I knew that back when I had my 250D. I kept trying to find space for each individual radio ID. Now I know. :(

TinEar

It's one of those well kept secrets...only because Uniden chose to include it only in passing in the fine print. It was like the activity ID which I think is the absolutely best feature on the Unidens. They mentioned it sort of in passing and I had my radio for about three months before someone told me about it.

skipshark773

The baltimore county system is capeable of a DTMF interconnect on select radios. I was alawys lead to believe that "select radios" meant "command staff". Ive never had a radio that has the private call or DTMF interconnect function available. Although for a short period of time i did have a radio that had a paging feature. You pressed the arrow keys and selected the softkey for page and then you had to select the user's radio ID numeber and then a "page" was sent to that radio (aka it beeps 4 times repeatedly). The ID's in the list were alawys 6 digits and begain with a 7.

TinEar said:
It's one of those well kept secrets...only because Uniden chose to include it only in passing in the fine print. It was like the activity ID which I think is the absolutely best feature on the Unidens. They mentioned it sort of in passing and I had my radio for about three months before someone told me about it.

There are 3 things i will miss the most about my uniden:
1. Ability to scroll thru talkgroups
2. Ability to have backlight switch on when calls are recieved
3. The ID activity feature and the indicator bar

Dougie

There are 3 things i will miss the most about my uniden:
1. Ability to scroll thru talkgroups
2. Ability to have backlight switch on when calls are recieved
3. The ID activity feature and the indicator bar[/quote]

I never seen the option or heard of the ability to have the backlight switch on when calls are received !

If this is possible, could you tell me how its activated ?

Dougie

A close family member works for BG&E. When they come over my house, I play with the radio often and call people !
People use the radio often for calling there family when they will be late. Can not recall what system or radio that the company uses ! The radios are nice !

skipshark773

Oh, i dont know if this is true for the newer models. On my old BC245XLT if you held the light button down for approx 2 seconds it would double beep and then the backlight would turn on automatically whenever it picked up activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.