Annapolis Presidential vist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

Anything we really want to hear is encrypted - so we won't. We will hear all the associated comms from the locals as he moves through their space such as stopping traffic on certain roads if he travels by car. If his arrival is by helicopter we'll hear almost nothing.

md_p97

When the President showed up at the air show at AAFB on saturday....I heard Marine1 on approach on 118.4000, but that was about it. I don't think his arrival was planned, at least not into the show. Everything came to a complete halt when he arrived. And it appeared that several acts were cancelled because of the interuption.

I also heard Air Force 1 and SAM 29000 when they departed.

But 411.200 was a pretty busy frequency at Naval Academy yesterday...so I am sure you will hear some chatter out of them.

Dank

Are AF 1 and SAM 29000 the same plane? I can't remember the tailnumber on the 747?

Dank

Got it. Was he referring to SAM 29000 (with GWB onboard) to be AF1 or was he trying to say that both SAM 28000 and 29000 as AF1 both departed. I have heard that when the travels they take multiple planes sometimes including a C-5 for support vehicles.

md_p97

Dank....the President arrived on the helicopter, Marine 1 (any Marine helicopter containing the President).

He transfered to SAM 28000, which instantly becomes Air Force 1.

Air Force 1 departed the air field.

Following Air Force 1, was the backup, SAM 29000. The two planes often fly in tandem with each other....in case of any mechanical issues...and I am sure as a security precaution as well.

From what I have seen on the History Channel...I believe the planes are pretty much identical. I also believe I once heard, that they will transport additional personnel, VIP's, Media etc on SAM 29000 from time to time.

Dank

Thanks much for the clarification. You confirmed my understanding.

md_p97

Update:

WUSA just reported that the President will be attending the graduation cermemony at Annapolis to see the Navy Blue Angels, arriving by helicopter.

So perhaps there will be a show today, instead of just a fly-by.

After the ceremony, the President will be flying by helicopter to Camp David for the weekend.

I don't know the (or if one exists) freq for the helipad at the Academy, but I do have 375.0000 listed for Camp David. I have had the Camp David freq's listed in the RR database loaded in my scanner for two months now, but have never heard a peep on any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.