Balt Co Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordave

Has anyone discerned whether Balt Co will elect to migrate from their 800 freqs or will they attempt to remain on the same 20 for public safety? As we noted a few months ago, the rebanding docs seem to suggest that Balt Co's existing freqs could be maintained if the county so desires and the FCC agrees....unlike most other area counties, in which there is no choice but to move to other freqs.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
their first 16 frequencies are not part of rebanding. The four 860.xxxx frequenccies are optional to try and relocate. If they are not getting interference on them now, I doubt if they would ask to gamble on what they might get.

doctordave

There is currently a great deal of interference on multiple freqs (both in the 16 freq grouping below 860 and involving the 4 freqs b/w 860-861). Will be interesting to see how they play this.....I would also think it would be safer/easier to stay put, if the FCC would allow them to.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
The first 16 channels will not move. It is up to the county to request new channel assignments for the 860 frequenccies. The FCC doesn't care. I know that there are reports of interference on some of the first 16, but that must be addressed outside of rebanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.