Washington County's new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_O_C

Does anyone have any information on the (supposed) new system for Washington County? Apparently, it will be implemented when they move in to the new comms building (whenever that is). Thanks!

freqhopping

I've submitted the system to the database. I receive it fairly well in Loudoun Co, especially considering I can get the Frederick Co MD system at all.

A_O_C

I've submitted the system to the database. I receive it fairly well in Loudoun Co, especially considering I can get the Frederick Co MD system at all.
Is this right?
1: Base: 762.00625 MHz, Spacing: 6.25 kHz
762.xxxxx is out-of-range for my BCD396XT. Scanner starts at 763.xxxxx.

A_O_C

Using FreeSCAN, so I guess just delete the frequencies from the band plan tab... Thanks!

A_O_C

Nathan,

Nobody said the system was 700 MHz. My question was why this information was in the database.

Frequency Table
0: Base: 851.00625 MHz, Spacing: 6.25 kHz
1: Base: 762.00625 MHz, Spacing: 6.25 kHz
2: Base: 452.00000 MHz, Spacing: 6.25 kHz

According to freqhopping, its not needed.

gesucks

Nathan,

Nobody said the system was 700 MHz. My question was why this information was in the database.

According to freqhopping, its not needed.

Because the is the plan for the system. The system is set up for UHF, 700 and 800. They are currently only using UHF, but can add 700 later, say when the state wide system comes online or add 800, when Loudoun switchs. This is stardard for current P25 systems and allows ease of adding new channels with out redoing all the radios

kg4rgn

Premium Subscriber
Washington CO new truck

Control freq (453.2875) very week in Frederick CO - near Ballanger Creek area. Will keep checking!

A_O_C

The new radios have been installed in all law enforcement vehicles
A Sheriff Deputy I spoke to said that the county has to re-install radios because the county "bought the wrong ones". Apparently Motorola doesn't support the radio models they bought. He also said they still have more equipment to install (the MDTs to be specific). I'm not sure if he is very reliable, but take it for what it's worth.

About 80 percent of the training has been completed for personnel to operate the new system
A HPD dispatcher I spoke to said they have already completed all training. I'm not sure what this person in the article is referring to.

N

N_Jay

It is the Herald-Mail. They cannot get any story right.

Or the dispatcher was referring to dispatcher (and maybe user) training and is not aware of other training still to be completed. (User, System management, Technician, "Train-the-trainer", etc.)

Or, the paper got the quote wrong.

Or, the quote was taken a while back.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just noticed a new license WQHM825 dated September 3, 2009. It is for 800 MHz conventional and has repeater sites all over the county. I would assume that 2000 mobiles would basically include all public safety personnel and vehicles (and possibly some public works). I believe it includes analog and digital modes on all frequencies.

851.0125 - Repeater at all locations
851.5125 - Boonsboro Repeater
852.0125 - Clear Spring Repeater
852.5125 - Hancock Repeater
852.5125 - Hagerstown Repeater
853.0125 - Fort Ritchie Repeater

I would say this could be a backup 800 MHz conventional system to provide interoperability in case the 450 MHz trunked system goes down. Any other ideas or information?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These are the rebanded 8Call/8Tac freqs, according to the wiki.

Who else, besides Hagerstown, is on 800 in Washington county? You would think that, assuming that the new County system is UHF, they'd be using UTAC freqs for interop/backup

73 Mike

spanner

Premium Subscriber
Hardly anyone, if anyone at all.

The WVa system is LOUD in H-town, the Frederick system comes in pretty well in downtown H-town.

Going up there this weekend, lets see what I can find.

Carl

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The nationwide CALL / TAC channels are designed for regional interoperability, rather than intra-jurisdictional interoperability. Many of the surrounding jurisdictions, and the big Baltimore/DC radio caches are equipped with 800/700 radios so it makes sense to go with the 800 band, at least IMO. I'd assume that there is (or will be) a capability to patch the UHF trunked system to the 800 repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.