DC Citywide 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
I read this in a draft of DC Interop Guide book that defines 159.150 is operated and maintained by MPD. The Channel is permanently patched into MPD - PSCC system to allow radio interoprability between the MPD Officers and the PSCC. It shows Citywide 1 can be patched on demand to the City's 800mhz EMA & Fire Dept. System as well.

I am trying to read the rest of this but I wanted everyone to know of this. 21 Local, State & Federal Agencies have written access to CW-1

This however should only be patched during what MPD defines as an emergency. This Channel should not be used for day-to-day for operations.

md_p97

Dispatch,

I am wondering if you are reading a typo. I listen to DC citywide simulcast on 159.1500.

Just in case though....I punched in 159.0150 just to see if I can pick anything up.

Paul

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Basically this draft mentions about PMARS of 866.3625 and FMARS of 154.280 & 154.295 and it mentions of the COG Frequencies and how there is a Cache of 1,000 radio's seperated between Virginia and Maryland and they are availible for Emergency Communications, Scheduled events with potential for significant public safety impact and includes recall of personnel and last would be community events where large support staff from various agencies are participating. Other than that, that is all but I wanted to bring that to everyone attention of what you may here during incidents in and around DC area.

It also has an area for the new Federal Govt narrow band channels in the VHF & UHF ranges but it has been left blank as it is still under construction.

TinEar

The funny thing about 159.15 is that it has always been billed as the Citywide freq but it does not simulcast the Citywide talkgroup from the TRS. It's primarily a simulcast of District 1 ops from the TRS. You'll notice that all the units are 1XXX.

All of the District channels plus the Citywide channel on the 400 mHz police system have patch/simulcast capabilities to the 800 mHz fire system. It seems that every day there is one or more districts patched over there. It seems random to me which districts are simulcast on the fire system.

Samuel

The reason you hear 1XXX units on 159.150 is because 1D and Citywide are patched together on a fairly regular basis. If you listen you will also notice citywide units such as Crime Scene units (92XX if memory serves), tow cranes, harbor units(Crusier 8XX), etc

P.S. - at the moment the 1D and CW-1 talkgroups are not patched and 159.150 is simulcasting CW-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.