INfo Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llwellyn

This is just coming off the top of my head, I'm sure Admin (what the heck is your name anyway, I feel rude!), Mike, and Troy can fill in the blanks. I could be flat-out wrong too so everyone feel free to go in and fix it!

Qualify this entire two paragraphs with "I think":

A full first due box, and about 5 engines and three trucks additional. Also includes the Battalion chief and maybe another chief officer.

I'm thinking the total apparatus due as the first response would be 8 engines, 4 trucks, a squad for RIT, and a Battalion chief. I'm also thinking the first due Paramedic is dispatched for rehab but that may not happen until a working fire is confirmed.

Admin0140434

Llwellyn said:
Admin (what the heck is your name anyway, I feel rude!)

lol... its Brian

Llwellyn said:
Commercial Boxes are automatically 3 alarms

<~~ check out my avatar for my reaction to this statement... where did you come up with that?

anyway... Llwellyn has the right idea...

- a full first due box
- engines
- trucks
- squads
- tankers
- quints
- USUALLY a paramedic (again... working fire)
- Battalion Cheif
- anybody else that chimes in with "XXX to Fire Alarm, add me to the XX-XX box"

Fire Alarm decides what aparatus's get dispatched to what calls... it can vary from call to call

Llwellyn

Admin0140434 said:
Llwellyn said:
Admin (what the heck is your name anyway, I feel rude!)

lol... its Brian

Llwellyn said:
Commercial Boxes are automatically 3 alarms

<~~ check out my avatar for my reaction to this statement... where did you come up with that?

Don't ask. I don't remember where I heard that. Someone, somewhere along the line told me that, and perhaps I thought it to be true. I was hesitant typing it because I thought it might be BS :)

Anyway... :oops:

Is there a typical response for certain structures, or does F/A just look at what's available at the time a call comes in and decide?

Admin0140434

im sure theres a typical response (you wouldnt send 1 engine to a working warehouse fire...) but i dont have that readily available at the moment... BUT I ASSURE YOU I CAN FIND OUT :D

im sure it also deals with whats available... like i said... I ASSURE YOU I CAN FIND OUT

Admin0140434

ok...

COMMERCIAL BOX - HYDRANT AREA
4 engines
2 trucks
1 squad
1 paramedic unit
2 battalion chiefs

COMMERCIAL BOX - NON HYDRANT AREA
4 engines
3 tankers
2 trucks
1 squad
1 paramedic unit
2 battalion cheifs

troymail

Silent Key
Commercial Box - Commercial building, Apartment complex, etc...

Box Alarm - house fire, etc. -- very similar dispatch maybe one less engine and/or truck and only one battalion chief. Non-hydrant areas still pick up the tankers and/or extra engines.

Many times, actual units may be increased due to minimum staffing levels -- initial dispatch doesn't have enough people, keep adding more engines until min. staffing is reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.