Uniden 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

1080iAddict

Anyone here in the MD forum using the 396 yet? We need to start collaborating on the FD tone-out feature to get HZ frequencies for various department stations.

I was actually thinking of filing as Maryland Public Information Act Request (state version of the Freedom of Information Act) to get the actual data for Baltimore County stations. Why not? When they ask why I want it, Ill just tell them to play with my new scanner. The only way they can refuse is if the information is stautorily protected as confidential. Can't see that excuse working.

1080iAddict

How is it a bit much? I file those requests all the time (as a lawyer for clients) in the discovery process.

mmartinfan

Banned
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah that is a court case involving jail time and taking away someone's rights or $.

This is scanning. :roll: I can't imagine how we get sterotypes. But its your $ and time. Do with it as you please..........................

1080iAddict

mmartinfan...

I forget the age range on the net these days. You are obviously a 14 year old (maybe 16) scanner buff. Its all good. You know nothing about the law and basically you know nothing about PIA and FOIA requests. You see.... the government must supply you with any documents you are statutorily entitled to review. You'll learn this one day. Maybe not. At that age I was like you so its all good. I grew up with a crystal scanner and still like the hobby. Trick is... at my age (38), I push get what I want or need by using my brain and my skills. So.... you can learn from me and prosper... or.... you can basically insult me publically on this Board and gain nothing.

Cheers.... enjoy the holiday.

mmartinfan

Banned
1080iAddict said:
mmartinfan...

I forget the age range on the net these days. You are obviously a 14 year old (maybe 16) scanner buff. Its all good. You know nothing about the law and basically you know nothing about PIA and FOIA requests. You see.... the government must supply you with any documents you are statutorily entitled to review. You'll learn this one day. Maybe not. At that age I was like you so its all good. I grew up with a crystal scanner and still like the hobby. Trick is... at my age (3, I push get what I want or need by using my brain and my skills. So.... you can learn from me and prosper... or.... you can basically insult me publically on this Board and gain nothing.

Cheers.... enjoy the holiday.

Nope your wrong, I'm in my upper 20's and a couple of members on this board can confirm this if you doubt me. (can someone here confirm your identity.) I've seem to have forgot you are this all important and great "lawyer" :roll:

Your right I don't know much about Maryland law since I'm in Ohio, and I can count how many times I've been to Maryland on one hand. (not that I don't want visit the state.)

Like I said if you have the time and $ on hand to do a Freedom of info act .

If you would like to keep chatting about this p.m me don't waste space on the board.

because right now your post is starting to looke like a:
troll.jpg

1080iAddict

Dude, you started the flame war - not me. So if you want a truce, you got it. I never hold grudges. Well, rarely.

The problem with the FOIA / PIA is that it takes time to badger folks until someone gets sick of the badgering and provides the information. I instead started a more impatient method since I want to experiment now, as in today. I downloaded the ScanRec software (see the pre-release 396 thread somewhere around page 10) and found an old radio to hook up to an old PC. So I am going to record some tones and try to use the EchoFilter software to translate the tones into HZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.