Heads up FW: from DC EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

listen13579

Got this earlier today. Some kind of testing perhaps?
-------------------

There will be authorize flight over the White House and the U.S. Capitol from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM today.

Sent by DC EMA to cell phones, pagers, e-mail accounts

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Sir I dont mean to be ignorant if you have the rules and regulations for that service you posted, it says that it is to not be reproduced in any fashion. I know I have the Manual sitting in front of me.

Thanks Nathan

drphil

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Dispatcher308 said:
Sir I dont mean to be ignorant if you have the rules and regulations for that service you posted, it says that it is to not be reproduced in any fashion. I know I have the Manual sitting in front of me.

Thanks Nathan
Nathan,you really sound like an ignorant manchild.
HOW UNDELIGHTFUL YOU ARE!!!

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
Dispatcher308 you are wrong

Dispatch308, you should read all of the terms before you go off on someone. it clearly state that you may not RESELL the info

"8. NO RESALE OF SERVICE

You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service"

I do not belive posting on here is for any COMMERCIAL purpose.

As someone who works for MEMA, you should know that the alert info sent by the DC Alert system is public information with the intent of being freely distributed to all interested parties.

Per DC EMA "What is DC Text Alert?
DC Text Alert is a text notification system that will allow citizens to receive emergency text messages on any text-capable device - cell phone, computer email or pager."

cohenner5377

Listen,

Sometimes DC EMA does send this stuff to all its subcribers. It is used to allay any fears that the US is coming under attack.

IT should also be noted that DCEMA does have different lists that they send alerts to. There is a list which goes to certain neighborhoods, one that goes to everyone, and a more exclusive list that goes only to local and federal emergency managers and law enforcement. Sometimes, I believe that messages that are only supposed to be dispersed to the EMA (Emergency Managment) list are mistakenly sent to other lists.

Additionally, they may send the info if they get a lot of calls or feel it may be a concern for people.

David
MAR018

Status
Not open for further replies.