Hunt Valley/Baltimore County

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I will be in Hunt Valley this weekend for the Shore Leave 27 convention.
Can someone tell me which talkgroups I will need to program in that cover
just that immediate area of Baltimore County?
I am bringing my Pro-96.

Thanks,
Mark

scannerman700

radioscan said:
I will be in Hunt Valley this weekend for the Shore Leave 27 convention.
Can someone tell me which talkgroups I will need to program in that cover
just that immediate area of Baltimore County?
I am bringing my Pro-96.

Thanks,
Mark
A good person to ask would be mlevin

skipshark773

hunt valley used to be my stomping grounds. You need to program in the Baltimore County Public Safety Type II system. The talkgroups that you need for law enforcement will be 1808 (Cockeysville PC07 Dispatch aka 107) 2256 (Cockeysville Tactical & Mobile-Mobile aka 207) and 7696 (Cockeysville ISU/CIDVIT aka 307). As far as fire coverage goes the main fire dispatch is 16 (Main 1) I dont know what FD talkgroups would be absolutely necesscary, definately talk to mlevin about that.

don333

The FD talkgroups you will need are 16 (Dispatch), 48 (Medics and minor incidents) and 368 (Fireground)

mlevin

Hey, here I am. I here someone calling my name :lol:

The advice given above is correct, but you will definitely want to listen to the whole TRS not just the Hunt Valley area. Baltimore County covers a large geographical area and the TRS is always very active.

Attached is my .p96 file that I'm using. Baltimore Co. is in bank 5.
Note that I'm in the process of redoing bank 0 and 2, which is why they're so empty.

Just one thing to keep in mind when monitoring the fire department. They are in the process of issuing new mobile and portable radios. The new radios have a new layout. Because of this, at the end of each dispatch you'll hear something like "Respond on talkgroup 2 or B1." TG 2 refers to the old radios, while TG B1 refers to the same talkgroup i nthe new radios. My text tags that I have in my .p96 file use the old channel designaters. Just a heads up.

Hope this helps you have a fun scanning trip

PS: You'll either be in fire station 39 or 17's first due area.

scannerman700

mlevin said:

The advice given above is correct, but you will definitely want to listen to the whole TRS not just the Hunt Valley area. Baltimore County covers a large geographical area and the TRS is always very active.

Note that I'm in the process of redoing bank 0 and 2, which is why they're so empty.

Just one thing to keep in mind when monitoring the fire department. They are in the process of issuing new mobile and portable radios. The new radios have a new layout. Because of this, at the end of each dispatch you'll hear something like "Respond on talkgroup 2 or B1." TG 2 refers to the old radios, while TG B1 refers to the same talkgroup i nthe new radios. My text tags that I have in my .p96 file use the old channel designaters. Just a heads up.

Hey Mo, You really know your stuff when it comes down to scanning for the Baltimore Area!!!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Excellent :D :D :D

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the great info.
I'm looking forward to a good few days of scanning the area.

If I can ever return the favor for the Dayton/Cincnnati,
Ohio area, just let me know!

Mark

drphil

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
scannerman700 said:
mlevin said:

Hey Mo, You really know your stuff when it comes down to scanning for the Baltimore Area!!!
Scannerman700,you really sound like a kiss up!!!
so why are you kissing up to this mlevin?

scannerman700

drphil said:
scannerman700 said:
mlevin said:

Scannerman700,you really sound like a kiss up!!!
so why are you kissing up to this mlevin?
I'm not a kiss up drphil,
This is RADIO REFERENCE!!! not some place where you could just come here and make these horrific Judgements about these good people who are very willing to help neither it would be you or myself/somebody else with good radio information. If you came here to learn about radios well fine, if not then dont come on here talking trash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.