North Arundel Hospital name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobokendave

I saw a headline in the Maryland Gazette that North Arundel will now be called Baltimore Washington Medical Center.

Will Dispatch, Fire, and EMS still refer to the Hospital as North Arundel, or will they have to use the new name?

wadeless28

We all now refer to it as Baltimore Washington Medical Center, or BWMC. If you refer to it as North Arundel on the radio, you will be banished to hell.

We in the FD had little notice, if any, of the name change. One of the engine companies was on a call when he asked for the status of North Arundel for the medic unit just after the name change. Fire Alarm answered in a stern voice and said, "Baltimore Washington Medical Center is on yellow." The officer on the engine said, "OOO-Kay, if you say so."

Mike

Admin0140434

wadeless28 said:
One of the engine companies was on a call when he asked for the status of North Arundel for the medic unit just after the name change. Fire Alarm answered in a stern voice and said, "Baltimore Washington Medical Center is on yellow." The officer on the engine said, "OOO-Kay, if you say so."

hahaha, i remember hearing that... thought it was pretty funny...

troymail

Silent Key
When I got to the hospital on a transport last night, I couldn't
find the BWMC "at hospital" button....

confusin' man!

The other night I heard a unit go enroute to the "Baltmore Washington Sentors"...

Funny.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
I haven't been on an AACo transport unit in a while, but I recall that they recently still had "GLBH" as an SME button.

troymail

Silent Key
ResQguy said:
I haven't been on an AACo transport unit in a while, but I recall that they recently still had "GLBH" as an SME button.

AT least there is a "L" for LAUREL in "GLBH" (Greater Laurel-Beltsville Hospital)...

NAH
BWMC

Geez - need a whole new set of letters... They REALLY don't want people to remember NAH, do they....

RyanXTS

Why was there a change anyway? Janet Owens wake up on the other side of the bed?

RyanXTS

I was listening to the Chevy's restaurant CO2 poisoning this morning. At one point BC 1 got on an emrc channel and informed quote: " We are going to have between 15 and 25 patients and we wanted to let North Arun....Baltimore..... uh. whatever they are calling it today.." :lol:

hobokendave

Personally, I don't care for the name change. I think it takes something away from the County. Baltimore-Washington Medical Center could really be any hospital in the I-95 corridor.

troymail

Silent Key
hobokendave said:
Personally, I don't care for the name change. I think it takes something away from the County. Baltimore-Washington Medical Center could really be any hospital in the I-95 corridor.

It does sound like something along I-95... pretty much, they're trying to "grow" a better image .... I suppose the name is related to BWI Airport.

I guess we'll get used to it ... until they change it again...

RyanXTS

troymail said:
hobokendave said:

It does sound like something along I-95... pretty much, they're trying to "grow" a better image .... I suppose the name is related to BWI Airport.

I guess we'll get used to it ... until they change it again...

BWI airport? what is that? don't you mean thurgood marshall...north arund... air...port... :?: :roll:

bnglbill

They are owned by University of MD now so that may be part of it. Do you think they could ever become a trauma ctr? That would be pretty cool but I don't think it would ever happen

Status
Not open for further replies.