Signal 13 a few days ago in Northern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone lisening to AACo Northern District when the signal 13 happened in freetown a few days ago?

I was listening to western district when it happened and AACo dispach advised all the talkgroups of the signal 13, so i switched over to northern. Does anyone know exactly what happened?

cohenner5377

A signal 13 is really a more urgent request. It is used if an officer is not answering his radio and may be in trouble, an officer is down or shot, or if the officer comes screaming across the air for a signal 13.

David
MAR018

cohenner5377 said:
A signal 13 is really a more urgent request. It is used if an officer is not answering his radio and may be in trouble, an officer is down or shot, or if the officer comes screaming across the air for a signal 13.

David
MAR018

Dont forget their red emergency button on their radios. The button automatically sends in a signal 13 and puts the officers radio on open mic. Although i dont think its used if the officer doesnt answer his status checks. Signal 13's are very serious.

and WTF! Northern just had ANOTHER signal 13 in the SAME AREA! :shock:

Metro174

Premium Subscriber
Warm weather makes for more Signal 13's than usual. My department had at least three during my shift yesterday. Hot weather makes people edgy to put it mildly. Just add alcohol to the mix for instant a*****es.

Status
Not open for further replies.