Montgomery County Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFairman

Is it possible to scan their 800 Mgz digital radio system? If so, what portable scanner will do it? Thanks for your help.

If you can't tell, I am new to the world of scanners. The reason that I am asking is that my girlfriend wants to hear whats going on when I am at work. I am a local LEO.

mlevin

The radio shack Pro 96/Pro 2096, the Uniden BC 296D/ BC 796D, and the brand new Uniden BCD 396T will all do a great job scanning Montgomery County's system. I have a personal bias towards the radio shack models, but the new Uniden model looks pretty sweet. All of the models listed will cost you around 450-530 dollars depending on where you buy it.[/b]

Dank

MCPD

As MLevin indicateed as long as you have a scanner capable of receiving the digital signals you will have not problem hearing MCPD. Of course the MCPD SAT channels and other encrypted communications will be heard as tones only. If you go with a uniden scanner or use ARC software to program another model let me know I have files with the MCPD and fire freqs too that will help you.
Dan

mlevin

And if you decide to go with the RadioShack models I can supply programming files as well, as long as you have the right cable and software.

Do a forum search for the models I listed, and do some research and decide which one suits yo uthe best. They're all great scanners, its just that you have to choose which feature you want more than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.