incident paging service

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayveedub

can anybody refer a paging service to me for the baltimore, dc, nova area. i currently have breaking news network but they only cover the dc southern md area. thanks

Premium Subscriber
Paging service

Not to rain on the IPN parade ! :lol: But BNN does cover more than just DC. Lots of Baltimore stuff, as well as Western Maryland, and Fairfax. You might want to check and see that your pager is set up to get everything it's supposed to be getting; if you are only getting DC, then you'll miss stuff for sure. BTW, I had IPN at one time, and have no issues with them; they catch stuff, and we catch stuff....but I'm biased for BNN, since I've been a member & pager for them since the early 90's.
Just my two cents! :wink:

Best Regards,
Jason/BNN124MDT, covering Western Maryland

don333

Jason, you beat me to the punch...I was going to advise him of the same thing..All he has to do is call the office...I"ve been using the service since 1995 and have no complaints...Hope all is well with you

Don/BNN333

doctordave

Also consider www.mdfirenet.com - great service w/ much in the way of local info, broken up by regions of the state. I've had an "MFN" pager for nearly 10 years and have been very pleased.

Premium Subscriber
MCMD5 said:
Can you give the web address or link for BNN?

It's better to call them, but here is the info (the website is down, at least via this address..)

Breaking News Network
Carrier: Aquis Communications (900 MHz)
Dealer: Sold direct
Pager Price: $80
Type of pager: Advisor (primarily)
Service by itself: $8/month
Service with personal numeric: $10/month
Service with personal alpha: $14/month
Lease plans: Available for large accounts
Originates pages for DE, MD, DC and No VA. Also has separate service covering NJ, east PA, south CT and much of NY.

This information comes from a 1999 edition of Capitol Hill monitor....

rayveedub

i called bnn and got the upgrade to everything and im also thinking about getting ipn also but i dont like the way there isnt anone you can call to set up the account.

Premium Subscriber
rayveedub said:
i called bnn and got the upgrade to everything and im also thinking about getting ipn also but i dont like the way there isnt anone you can call to set up the account.

Good deal! You should be seeing lots more pages now. Including a couple from Frederick tonite that I put out... :lol:

Jason/BNN124

Status
Not open for further replies.