LifeNet 81 Hagerstown

Status
Not open for further replies.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I've looked everywhere I can think of, but have been unable to locate a frequency for LifeNet 81 Helicopter based in Hagerstown. Can anyone onlist help me out ?

Thanks in Advance

eagleeye40

Premium Subscriber
The aircraft is located at the Hagerstown Regional Airport in Hagerstown, MD.

timelord64

RE:LifeNet81 Hagerstown

They are on 159.705, (which is a repeater with an input of 153.440). I believe the repeater is located up on
Quirock Mountain.

I hear them up here in PA all the time, and they also share that input frequency with a local school bus company!

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

druhe

Premium Subscriber
They are on 159.705, (which is a repeater with an input of 153.440). I believe the repeater is located up on
Quirock Mountain.

I hear them up here in PA all the time, and they also share that input frequency with a local school bus company!

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

Thanks for the info. I'm in Johnstown so it's hard to say if I'll hear them or not. They have been flying into this area on occasions. I've been hearing them in communication with LifeComm on the MedStar frequency. I'll give it a try.

By chance do you have a PL tone for them ??

Last edited:

timelord64

You may not here them up in Johnstown, but give it a try. You can always listen on the input frequency, you should at least hear the aircraft.

And no, I don't have a PL tone for them...sorry. I never really tracked PL tones for PS communications until recently. I guess I should when I upgrade my scanner to a new one here soon.

PS: Keep us advised if you can here the base on 159.705 up there...I will be curious to see the coverage area of that repeater.

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

timelord64

I've heard them with flights to Hershey, York, Baltimore and Johnstown, so I suspect they probably also use local frequencies when they are within range. I think I heard them once or twice on the LifeLION/Hershey frequency of 155.355 as well.

Here are couple of Web pages for reference:

Air Methods - Air Methods | The World's Largest Air Ambulance Operator

Maryland: Region gets new air medical transport service

Air Methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the MedStar frequency up there...perhaps you can pass that along?

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them with flights to Hershey, York, Baltimore and Johnstown, so I suspect they probably also use local frequencies when they are within range. I think I heard them once or twice on the LifeLION/Hershey frequency of 155.355 as well.

Here are couple of Web pages for reference:

Air Methods - Air Methods | The World's Largest Air Ambulance Operator

Maryland: Region gets new air medical transport service

Air Methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the MedStar frequency up there...perhaps you can pass that along?

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

I've been monitoring for two days now with the Icom 7000. The squelch broke once, which doesn't mean anything. I have a feeling it's going to be a bust on hearing anything.

Conemaugh MedStar is also an Air Methods ship. Their primary frequency is 464.2750 PL 100.0. I'm not sure where the repeater is located but coverage is decent.

timelord64

Thanks for the information. I probably won't be able to receive it down here, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Darrell 3rd
N3QBI

eagleeye40

Premium Subscriber
Lifenet 81 Hagerstown

I can hear them clearly here in PA in the East Berlin area.

eagleeye40

Premium Subscriber
Lifenet 81 Hagerstown

I'm talking about Lifenet. East Berlin is located in North Eastern Adams County.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I have had their frequency (159.705) in the mobile scanner lately and picked up some voice comms last night using 503 DPL, but there was so little traffic that I was unable to confirm it was LifeNet. I'll keep listening, but this may be their tone.

eagleeye40

Premium Subscriber
LifeNet81 Hagerstown

I was listening this morning and they are using a DPL of 503.

W3DMV

Life Net

The Life Net operation leases radio communications from: M & D Technical Services
in Hagerstown. License is WPOC357

Status
Not open for further replies.