Frederick Municipal Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryptoJoe

Anyone have the air band frequency that pilots use for taking off and landing at the Frederick Municipal Airport? They don't have a control tower, but there are plenty of air band antennas on the ground, and I'm sure the pilots communicate somehow.

Thanks
Joe

CryptoJoe

Hmm, I don't know much about air traffic communications, I guess it would be one of these frequencies:

CTAF/UNICOM: 122.725
WX AWOS-3: 124.875
POTOMAC APPROACH: 126.75
POTOMAC DEPARTURE: 126.75
CLEARANCE DELIVERY: 126.9

ericcarlson

Database Admin
CryptoJoe said:
CTAF/UNICOM: 122.725
WX AWOS-3: 124.875
POTOMAC APPROACH: 126.75
POTOMAC DEPARTURE: 126.75
CLEARANCE DELIVERY: 126.9

The CTAF is used at uncontrolled airports (without a tower), this is the frequency used by pilots to communicate with each other as the arrive and depart the airport. AWOS is the Automated Weather Observing System and continually provides automated weather information for the airport -- you will have to be very close to the airport to hear this. Approach/Departure frequencies are used to communicate with air traffic control. Clearance Delivery is used by planes on the ground to contact air traffic control and you will need to be very close to the airport to monitor this.

-Eric

CryptoJoe

Since the airport doesn't have a tower, I guess 122.725 would be the right one. Thanks for the help.

Joe

md_p97

Actually, the airport does have a control tower, (and it is a controlled airport 8am to 6pm I think)....it is on top of the restaurant and used daily. The unicomm freq is correct, 122.725. There is a small FOB there as well, though I forget which one. The Airport is owned and operated by Frederick City.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.