how to program a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin0140434

LCN = logical channel number

when you enter the freqs for these systems in the 396, it will ask you what LCN to put each freq in...

my offer about programing your scanner by laptop still stands... send me a pm

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Patrolman123, if you take a look at the RRDB, you'll see that we only have 2 frequencies for site #1 Baltimore Champion's system. As the Admin said, the Logical Channel Number (LCN) for each frequency - including those that are missing, unless someone has all of them - is needed and must be determined.

Before we get too far into that, I strongly suggest you get on the LTR trunking forum and look at the threads concerning LTR trunking and the 796. It's a little more complicated than setting up a Moto system - and what complicates matters is that we don't have all the frequencies needed. A little digging in the FCC database - along with using the process of elimination, comparing the other Baltimore site's frequencies - will need to be done. I'm aware you are working with a 396, but the information presented there - the author of the MT article on the subject, W4UVV as well as a link on the last thread of the message - should give you a handle on what you are facing.

I don't have a LTR capable radio, so I can't really help more there. 73s and GL...Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.