PG North TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dank

Has anyone heard anything recently on the PG North EDACS TRS? I can't remeber the date, but I haven't since before the PG officer was shot in Laurel.

TinEar

It was very active last night Dan. I have the freqs programmed just in conventional mode since I don't have room for another trunked system but noticed the website scanner stopped on them several times last night. I wasn't paying attention to the traffic so couldn't tell you if it was operational or someone playing a kazoo - just that they were active.

mlevin

Just an interesting note that's kinda off topic. During the airshow at Andrews a few months back, I notcied that the MSP troopers were using EDACS radios. I'm figuring they were using the PG TRS. Just FYI for next years airshow...

jimmyhat

Dank,
I listen to the North TRS almost daily, and the activity hasn't dropped much since that Officer's shooting. What I haven't heard, in quite some time, is anything from the South TRS. This may be due to my location as well.

Dank

I'll need to check my radio settings. Since I initially set up the info in my scanner I completely reprogrammed several times using ARC files I created in excel. Perhaps I have a setting that is incorrect. I'm more familiar with Mot type 2 systems. I had my pg bank off lastnight trying to concetrate on MilAir. I'll monitor the PG system tonight.
Thanks,
Dan

TommyP

Both sites are operational, not that you would hear too much on it anyway. Also, it wasn't PG's system MSP was on at the airshow. maybee NDW? The subscribers are almost all mobiles with only a handfull of portables floating around.

mlevin

TommyP said:
Both sites are operational, not that you would hear too much on it anyway. Also, it wasn't PG's system MSP was on at the airshow. maybee NDW? The subscribers are almost all mobiles with only a handfull of portables floating around.

I don't know for sure since I don't have the PG TRS in my scanner. But they were definitely using EDACS radios. What's NDW?

Dank

NDW stands for Naval District Washington. They do have an EDACS system, however they aren't on the RR database due to a written request to remove them. Other websites including Eric's I believe do post the NDW freqs and talkgroups.

mlevin

I don't know my MACom/EDACS that well but it was definitely a MACom portable (either EDACS or conventional, don't know for sure). I know MSP uses MTS 2000 portables normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.