Code Adam on MSP channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningman

Was just listening to the scanner and heard "code adam" on the msp channel. I assume it actually means code a, but anyways, does anyone know what this means? The officer responded "code adam positive" and really made me curious.

baybum

Hey Mike, while we're on the subject...where can I find the categories that PG County uses for their medical calls?

For example, "alpha" trouble breathing.

I searched the wiki with negative results.

Thanks sir,

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If they aren't in the wiki, I have no idea. If you find them please consider adding them

73 Mike

baybum

Not to be smart or anything, but do these Minnesota codes apply verbatim to PG County Maryland as well?

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Technically their not Minnesota codes, they're AMPDS codes. There are a few jurisdictional changes allowed, but for the most part they apply nationwide. (some don't use ECHO or OMEGA for instance) Most agencies don't let their specific copies out, as the books are licensed per seat. Here's a link to another example http://www.fordyce.org/scanning/scanning_info/scfcodes.html#A6

Last edited:

scanningman

Thanks ka3jjz, that wiki had the list of codes at the bottom of the page. It means armed...so now I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.