USNS Comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

raceman005

Just heard on WJZ that COMFORT is leaving the port this evening at 2300. Just wondering what Frequencies it'll be on.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A pretty good guess is going to be that they'll be on SATCOM on the way in, and while there for comms back to the Pentagon - and I would imagine they'll join in one of the COTHEN networks or even more likely, stay within the confines of the ship's own radio systems. It is, after all, not safe for anyone with all those idiots shooting people. I wouldn't rule out them getting on one of the systems down there, or joining up with SHARES, either. Most of this is defined in the Katrina Wikil
Let's hope that the Guard can get some order down there quickly. 73s Mike

Last edited:

TinEar

I would imagine they'll hook up with that Customs/Coast Guard net that is operating on the system provided in the scanner feed from the area we're all listening to. It's a stereo broadcast with the left channel being the one I referenced above. The feed information for it is contained in the Wiki at this site. It's difficult to turn off that feed once you start listening with just one call after another catching your attention. Then, the right channel with the LA State Police grabs your attention. Feels like a ping-pong game as your attention goes back and forth. It was 3 a.m. before I could turn that thing off this morning. By the way, using Winamp to play the feed is the cleanest and easiest way to do it in my opinion.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
While leaving port and navigating the harbor and Chesapeake Bay, they will use VHF marine channels for coordination with other traffic.

CA
Annapolis

doctordave

Good call on Winamp, Al....just downloaded it and also find it superior to other media players for the LA feeds. Still a lot of exciting activity.....USCG on scene of a huge oil refinery tank collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.