USCG Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordave

The LA feed from David Hitchner (see wiki) is arguably the best around, with multiple USCG freqs coming through the left channel portion. David has posted the freqs included in his feed and they are:

123.00000 Air to Air
123.02500 CBP/ICE TFR Ops VHF Sec
134.90000 CBP/ICE TFR Ops VHF Pri
138.45000 USCG Scene Coordination
142.25000 USCG Scene Coordination
237.90000 USCG Operations Secondary
238.60000 USCG Scene Coordination
282.42500 CBP/ICE TFR Ops UHF (BLUE-1)
283.65000 USCG Scene Coordination
289.65000 USCG Scene Coordination
326.15000 USCG Air to Ground Primary
345.00000 USCG Operations Primary
379.05000 USCG Air to Ground Secondary

The non-USCG freqs belong to US Customs. Makes me very curious how many of these potentially would get use in a routine CG operation around here or if we had a major local event. 345.00, 237.9, 326.15 & 379.05 are certainly familiar to us and are reportedly available nationwide. Do any of the other CG freqs ring a bell? Clearly, there must be some other freqs (not part of the VHF marine radio plan) that are available to the Maryland/DC CG boats.

archduke

Premium Subscriber
Patrol boats (assigned to and used on a regular basis) out of Curtis Bay-Balt, Annapols, Wash DC are all in the 25' range with a few 41'ers too. Most have no more than 2 vhf radios, usually an off the shelf consumer type and a motorola SP type with encrypted ability and LANT ability. No SSB needed in the Chesapeake. Air to Surface comms with helos are on VHF CG freqs. When the CG hosts other ride-alongs on special ops I suppose the ride-alongs will have their own portables with them. The CG has a good number of VHF assignments in the 162-168 that they alias as LANT1-LANT 20? or so, and I think LANT is supposed to mean LawenforcementAtlantic. Many times LANT use is "in the red" encrypted. When it is in the clear it seems to be routine traffic that was bumped to the sector's LANT channel because their many channel was too busy, or being busted by skip.

If you can visualize bouncing along in a 25' fastboat in a 3' chop at 35 knots with the motion so violent that its a minor victory just to be able to grab the mike from its holder on the first try, then you can see why the radio comms and the channel selections available to the boat crew are kept as simple as possible.

Once you get to the size of the 87' cutters you'll find much more in the way of radios but the only 87' ones near Maryland (I think) are based in Hampton Bays, VA and maybe Ocean City, MD.

ecps92

New Lant designatins are CG-##

Anyone hear any new Designations for the old LANT Channels?

Sector Boston is using CG-08 which was the old LANT 36

archduke said:
Patrol boats (assigned to and used on a regular basis) out of Curtis Bay-Balt, Annapols, Wash DC are all in the 25' range with a few 41'ers too. Most have no more than 2 vhf radios, usually an off the shelf consumer type and a motorola SP type with encrypted ability and LANT ability. No SSB needed in the Chesapeake. Air to Surface comms with helos are on VHF CG freqs. When the CG hosts other ride-alongs on special ops I suppose the ride-alongs will have their own portables with them. The CG has a good number of VHF assignments in the 162-168 that they alias as LANT1-LANT 20? or so, and I think LANT is supposed to mean LawenforcementAtlantic. Many times LANT use is "in the red" encrypted. When it is in the clear it seems to be routine traffic that was bumped to the sector's LANT channel because their many channel was too busy, or being busted by skip.

If you can visualize bouncing along in a 25' fastboat in a 3' chop at 35 knots with the motion so violent that its a minor victory just to be able to grab the mike from its holder on the first try, then you can see why the radio comms and the channel selections available to the boat crew are kept as simple as possible.

Once you get to the size of the 87' cutters you'll find much more in the way of radios but the only 87' ones near Maryland (I think) are based in Hampton Bays, VA and maybe Ocean City, MD.

hill

Premium Subscriber
No, 87' cutters in OC, MD the closest ones are Cape May, NJ followed Hampton Roads area of VA

The CG small have Motorola radios, so should try anything list as any old LANT freq. CG stationss and small boats have the abilities to use DVP on the primary station VHF-FM marine channel. They use DVP alot on these channels.

I guess that the member on the Maryland Forum will have to scan the LANT/CG freqs to find out which ones are used in the upper Chesapeake Bay and let us all know.

ecps92

Former LANT

Monitoring in Boston, we have the Small Boats signing on in the AM, doing a Radio Check on Ch.81, then "Switch to CG-08" for a Radio Check.

Might be a good time to search around 7am...

hill said:
No, 87' cutters in OC, MD the closest ones are Cape May, NJ followed Hampton Roads area of VA

The CG small have Motorola radios, so should try anything list as any old LANT freq. CG stationss and small boats have the abilities to use DVP on the primary station VHF-FM marine channel. They use DVP alot on these channels.

I guess that the member on the Maryland Forum will have to scan the LANT/CG freqs to find out which ones are used in the upper Chesapeake Bay and let us all know.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Just Fyi

The tall ship USCG Eagle & USCG Cutter Decisive will be making an Inner Harbor appearance, from Friday October 5th through Monday October 8th, they will be located by the Light Street Pavilion.

Tours for the USCG Tall Ship EAGLE and USCG Cutter Decisive:

USCG Cutter Decisive Friday and Saturday from 9AM to 6:30 P.M.

USCG Tall Ship EAGLE - west wall of the Inner Harbor by the Light Street Pavilion tours:
Friday 2PM to sunset. Saturday 10AM to sunset. Sunday 1PM to sunset

Nathan

ecps92

Port Visits

An excellent Web site for Port Visits is
http://www.seawaves.com/navcall.htm

Dispatcher308 said:
The tall ship USCG Eagle & USCG Cutter Decisive will be making an Inner Harbor appearance, from Friday October 5th through Monday October 8th, they will be located by the Light Street Pavilion.

Tours for the USCG Tall Ship EAGLE and USCG Cutter Decisive:

USCG Cutter Decisive Friday and Saturday from 9AM to 6:30 P.M.

USCG Tall Ship EAGLE - west wall of the Inner Harbor by the Light Street Pavilion tours:
Friday 2PM to sunset. Saturday 10AM to sunset. Sunday 1PM to sunset

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.