ICC / MD Route 200 Transportation Authority Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldsDoug

ICC opened this morning (actually late last night, apparently); several of us are hearing related radio transmissions on talkgroups 16688 and 32688 (evidently simulcasts) of the Montgomery County 800-MHz digital trunked system. Base station is "Communications", one unit working now is "I-6". Comms from the units seem a little garbled to me, but not sure if it's their radios, my radio, my location, or a combination... but Communications has mentioned it to a couple of different units. I'm monitoring 16688 at the moment, it's in the database as a Rockville Local Gov channel; 32688 is "Teletype"... not sure if that's in my radio but will check later.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since the ICC ends in Laurel, are they patrolling that section of it, or is PG county - and are they running in FDMA when doing so, since Montgomery isn't phase 2?

Hmmm...best regards..Mike

dmi

Premium Subscriber
What is the native system providing policing for ICC200? MdTA? MTA? Is it trunked / Conv? I have the 2 TGs programmed in my Montgomery County system but that's all I have. Is there a link to a page that describes their system?

Thanks,

j

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
So far at least it's only Montgomery that's been reported - and I would read this as well...;

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...2-md-transportation-authority-police-icc.html

So far no one has found the freq for the patrols - it's going to take some digging. A search across 453 Mhz is in order...and that doesn't even begin to answer whether the State Police might not be involved here, nor PG county...keep an eye here and on Scan-DC on qth.net - those are the 2 most active Maryland scanning lists...

best regards...Mike

OldsDoug

Can you drive from one end to the other and back without exiting, without paying?
Tolls start on March 7, no tollgates, all electronic (EZ Pass). Don't get the MD ezpass, they charge a monthly service fee... VA does not, and you don't need to be a VA resident. Have heard teh same about DE but not confirmed. Road currently runs from I-370 / Shady Grove over to Norbeck Road east of Leisure World / Norbeck Blvd. Now, to answer your question :) that I just figured out, no, because you have to get off and get back on to go back in the other direction, so once tolls start, you'd pay two directions.

(Note, you can do that with Metrorail, sortof, but the farecards know that you're trying to get off at the same place you got on, and they make you go and see the attendant... at least they did years ago... no extra charge for this info!) :)

DK

OldsDoug

So far at least it's only Montgomery that's been reported - and I would read this as well...;

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...2-md-transportation-authority-police-icc.html

So far no one has found the freq for the patrols - it's going to take some digging. A search across 453 Mhz is in order...and that doesn't even begin to answer whether the State Police might not be involved here, nor PG county...keep an eye here and on Scan-DC on qth.net - those are the 2 most active Maryland scanning lists...

best regards...Mike

I haven't heard anything on the 453-Meg channels that they already have, but have not gone searching for new stuff... we could look in the FCC database, I guess...

OldsDoug

Since the ICC ends in Laurel, are they patrolling that section of it, or is PG county - and are they running in FDMA when doing so, since Montgomery isn't phase 2?

Hmmm...best regards..Mike

Only part of it is open as of now and that is all in Mtgy County. My understanding is that Maryland Transportation Authority Police are / will be responsible for the entire thing.

(Note that Maryland Transportation Authority Police was formerly known as Maryland Toll Facilities Police, the ICC comes under their jurisdiction because it is a toll road. I saw that somewhere on either the trans authority website or the ICC website - may go back and try to find it and paste the link.

Good question, tho, about what sort of radio comm will be used on the part that will be in PG County (note that the bulk of it is in Montgomery, even when completed.) I have heard some reference to "zones" in some of the radio traffic - dunno what and where they are yet.

Have not determined whether the two talkgroups they are using on the Montgomery radio system are simulcasts of each other but that was my initial impression.

DK

OldsDoug

What is the native system providing policing for ICC200? MdTA? MTA? Is it trunked / Conv? I have the 2 TGs programmed in my Montgomery County system but that's all I have. Is there a link to a page that describes their system?

Thanks,

j

See my posts... we don't yet know of anything other than the 2 TGs in the Montgomery system.

Note to all, to save confusion, I suggest we refer to the 2 different policing outfits, Maryland Transit Administration Police (They seem to use the initials MTA), and Maryland Transportation Authority Police, (they seem to use MdTA) by using the full words Transit Admin and Transportation Authority, because of the similarity.

For those who may be wondering:

The Transit Administration Police
Maryland Transit Administration
is basically responsible for the Baltimore light rail and subway;

The Transportation Authority Police
Maryland Transportation Authority Police
is responsible for toll facilities (ICC, Bay Bridge, Nice Bridge, FSK Bridge, Fort McHenry Tunnel, Baltimore Harbor Tunnel, etc.

Typical Maryland...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not the Maryland admin, sri

You can find that back at the bottom of the list of thread titles. Mike

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Also, the only activity I'm hearing is MC TRS TG 32688 ICC Records Checks. What are they using that for? Is that the police pulling people over? As of yet I haven't heard anything on the other PD TG (16688) but I haven't been monitoring that long.

On 32688 RadioID is the same for all comms on my PRO-106 and only seems to show up when "Communications" keys up so I guess we'll have to see what it's patched to.

Edit:

For whatever it's worth on http://www.mdta.maryland.gov/Police/centralRecords.html it says:
Central Records Unit
The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) Police Central Records Unit is the central repository for the collection and timely distribution of motor vehicle accident reports, criminal investigation reports and incident reports.

Last edited:

OldsDoug

Also, the only activity I'm hearing is MC TRS TG 32688 ICC Records Checks. What are they using that for? Is that the police pulling people over?

Yes!

As of yet I haven't heard anything on the other PD TG (16688) but I haven't been monitoring that long.

The two talkgroups appear to be simulcasts of each other.

md_p97

Last Thursday while driving home from work in the late afternoon, I heard a patrol unit (or two) on tg 32688 calling "McHenry"

I heard the dispatcher refer to themselves as both "McHenry" and "Communications"

I cannot confirm, if the two stations are using the same freq or if it was a case of the patrol units, re-assigned perhaps from McHenry, were just used to referring to dispatch that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.