Static / Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

I am listing to Baltimore County today and there seems to be a lot of interference. I have a antenna from Jeff (Waltel) but I did order a Antenex DEXC821SM today. What should my squelch be set on for Baltimore County, changing it up and down didn't seem to help any?

NINN27

baltimore county SUCKS... period. even people who live in baltimore county have reported not being able to pick up the trunked system very well.

HoDo

I am in Baltimore County and there just seems to be a lot of static, I will see if it is any better when I get my new antenna. NINN27, you are the one doing the 396 files, man that is great. I havent used any yet since I only like the police not fire and I found your links after I programmed Balto Co and Balto City.

troymail

Silent Key
Interesting - I'm below the airport in AA County and the B County Fire/Police TRS comes in fine here .. at least, it always has in the past.

The interesting part is that I think the AA County system sucks - can you pick up AA County where you are?

(I should be careful - AA County, like B County, is still analog and from what I've heard of the surrounding jurisdictions digital systems, I'm not really looking forward to when AA County goes digital --- so, maybe it isn't that bad)

doctordave

HoDo....depending on where you are located, the made-for-800 MHZ antennas may actually worsen your reception....this is the case for me, as the extra gain just worsens Nextel/Cellular impact on the scanner. I find that the stock antenna actually works better in my area of Balt Co.

NINN27

HoDo said:
...I havent used any yet since I only like the police not fire and I found your links after I programmed Balto Co and Balto City.

not sure if im understanding you correctly... but the files are divided into 3 groups in each county system...

group 1 is all fire
group 2 is all police
group 3 (if information is available...) is all county services/ema/etc

so in your case, just disable the fire and county services groups

HoDo

I know I already downloaded your Carroll and Anne Arundel Counties. I have my Baltimore Co setup in banks with each pct as a group so I can just listen to the pct I want and not all of them at once. I will look at your Baltimore County once it is downloaded by you. I didnt see Baltimore Co yet I dont think. I read somewhere you said by November you would be finished. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.