Has AA County Gone Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekh

When I returned to Linthicum the other day I noticed that Northern District station has a nice new tower behind it. My BC785 is seems to only be receiving AA-Fire. Is AA-County digital now?

Thanks, Ekh.

Ekh

It's working fine now. The system just was not as busy as I thought. Been gone for 3 weeks and I thought they switched over. I was really concerned when I saw the new tower behind Northern.

Thanks, Ekh.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As I understand it, there's some digital/encryption on the XRay channels. The last I heard, the county won't be able to pull the big switch until they build several new towers, of which that one behind Northern might well be one. That's going to take some time, for sure.

73s Mike

trimmerj

Your right. I was thinking that 80 was a vice tg. Was listening last night and thought I heard a rush of digital traffic on 80. Do they ever use that for Arson Investigation ?

troymail

Silent Key
trimmerj said:
Your right. I was thinking that 80 was a vice tg. Was listening last night and thought I heard a rush of digital traffic on 80. Do they ever use that for Arson Investigation ?

TG 80 is Fire 1-C... typically used for helo patches and overflow for "locals" during bad weather and brush fires.

Other than radio checks/testing, the only digital channel I've seen used so far in AACo is the Narcotics TG (32208?)... There are occasional I-Calls in digital - AAPD and Sheriff units... but that's all I've seen.

Admin0140434

troy is right...

anything above 32000 is digital/encrypted

back to the origianl question of towers... the county does need to put more up... if memory serves me correctly...

2 in southern AACO
1 in western
1 in northen (the one mentioned here)
and i believe one more, but dont remember where

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Anne Arundel County towers

I've heard we're getting a tower in Pasadena, at the Eastern District station. The peninsula could use one from what I've heard and experienced.

KR3LC said:
I've heard we're getting a tower in Pasadena, at the Eastern District station. The peninsula could use one from what I've heard and experienced.

I havent heard that. Although youre right, we could use one. Where at in Pasadena do you live?

Admin0140434

CapitalPunishment said:
So are they gonna be digital encrypted or just digital? I heard from someone that they are going to be encrypted.

not sure where this person got their information from, but please let them know that someone who works for AACO has said that they are only going digital with a FEW SENSITIVE CHANNELS being encrypted

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
CapitalPunishment said:
I havent heard that. Although youre right, we could use one. Where at in Pasadena do you live?
I live in the community of Chesterfield, about a mile from Eastern Distrct. A tower there would be great.

KR3LC said:
I live in the community of Chesterfield, about a mile from Eastern Distrct. A tower there would be great.

I live about 3-4 mins from you down fort smallwood road towards the ft smallwood park.

But yea, part of the reason reception sucks in that area for us is because of that cell phone tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.