Montgomery Co tests/condx red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I heard some nastified testing between two locations and then an announcement that Montgomery fire is operating on condition red about 22:30 tonight.

The announcement sounded like crappy DC fire's setup, where the audio that comes out on 154.16 was repeated from a digital receiver rather than coming from the clean-sounding console.

"AECC" was also mentioned. Could this be an Alternate Emergency Control Center? It was the kind of thing where they were establishing communications between two locations.

DPM2

Not sure about Montgomery Fire/Rescue, but heard similar broadcast on MCPD earlier in the evening that the MDC's were completely down.

mce911fr

Mont Co Outage

I work for Mont Co Fire/Rescue 9-1-1, we lost all power to the facility including the radio systems, neither of the generators worked and the UPS system only had 1 1/2 life. The AECC is our back up center. So we moved there until power was restored. Still have both generators out, and are using one on a tractor trailer for now.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Geez, both backup generators failed? Aren't they tested regularly? This is not very reassuring...

CA
Annapolis

bradam2001

EAI installed the Generators when new ECC was open,
At the time I was not working for them,
EAI does all the Electrical work for the county.
When the Generators arn't working we are on stand by.
Of course I live 10 min from ECC

Status
Not open for further replies.